Chapter 7

Darkness swallowed me as it felt like my lungs stopped working. Trying to inhale air but it felt like there was none, this empty space...

(———)

I shot up from my bed, sweat trickling down my face as my hands trembled. I closed my eyes only to be awakened again by the ringing of glass breaking.

"Oh yeah, Japan killed me, now I'm back here.." I pressed my hand against my temple. My chest still had an aching feeling from where the knife would be. 

I got up from my bed and proceeded to walk over to  America's room. I slowly opened the door and walked in.

"Wake up glasses," I shook him.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP!" I shouted. America eventually woke up, "Why the fuck??" He groaned. "Russia's downstairs," I said as I walked away.

After that we treated Russia and fell asleep, the next day when Russia woke up he thanked us and left. Me and Ame then exchanged contacts, Not long after we heard a knock on the door, "Russ don't tell me you forgot something-" America said as he opened the door to reply.

There as expected stood Japan, "America-senpai do you want to hang out?" Japan cheerfully invites America. Before America could reply I stepped in, "Sure America would love to hang out with you!" I smiled as I placed my hand on America's shoulder. America looked at me with disapproval in his face,

"Wait wha-"

"You must be (Y/N), I'm Japan nice to meet you!" Japan extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you Japan," I shook his hand.

"America will hang out with you after this just let him get ready for a second," I said as I closed the door.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!?" He questioned me,

"Oh come on, Japan seemed lonely, just hang out with him a bit," I suggested.

America sighed, "He likes me and he thinks I like him,"

"I know that" I replied, well of course I knew considering he KILLED me just to get Ame for himself.

"If I hang out with him, he'll get the wrong idea!" America complained. "Don't worry just tell him you don't like anyone right now," I calmly said.

"Well I-" America paused for a second,

"You what? Have a crush??" I teased, I didn't expect him to answer in the first place.

"Never mind.." He sighed as he opened the door, Japan poked his head inside. "Are you ready?" Japan enthusiastically asked, "Yeah I guess.." America smiled, Japan then turned to me. "(Y/N) Chan, Do you want to come along?" Japan offered genuinely, I was shocked, I thought Japan hated my guts because he thought America liked me. "Is that really okay?" I hesitantly questioned, there's no way I'm going to come along just to be killed again. Japan happily nodded, "Okay," I replied, I could just hope that it doesn't end up like last time.

We went to the same mall, surprisingly Japan ended up spending more time with me than with America himself. I was watching Japan cautiously as we hung out so he didn't do anything fishy, near the end of the day me and Japan sat next to each other eating ice cream while America was looking around for something to eat.

"(Y/N) Chan, Thank you for being nice to me today, I kind of got the message that America kun only sees me as a friend,"

"You don't need to be nice to me just because I like him, I understand he probably likes someone else," Japan added, I turned to him confused. Was this the same Japan that killed me?

"I wasn't nice to you because I knew you liked him, I just felt like even you deserved some time to hang out with your friends, glasses shouldn't ignore you just because he has to look after me," I said as I licked my ice cream. But it was true, he didn't need to take responsibility for my actions. Japan seemed lonely so the least I could do was let Ame hang out with him.

Japan looked at me then smiled, "(Y/N) Chan, you're a very nice person you should know that,"

+1 Relationship

"Wow thank you Japan," that was the last thing I thought would come out of Japan's mouth. I guess Japan wasn't as bad as he seems,

"Do you mind if I get your number? We can hang out again some time," Japan reaches in his pocket and pulled out his Japanese phone.

I nodded and we exchanged contacts with each other,

Friend registered

After eating me and America went back to his house and Japan walked back to his house because It wasn't very far. When we reached his house we were greeted with Britain himself sipping on his tea in the living room.

"I see you're finally back," he said as he placed down his tea cup on the coffee table. "Oh hey dad," America greeted him as he placed his coat on the coat hanger next to the front door. "Hello UK," I waved at him, "Oh please call me Britain, that name is awfully long," He sighed and I nodded.

"Where have you guys been?" He turned to face the tv despite not being on. "Oh well we've been hanging out with Japan," I chimed in. Britain turned to me and raised an eyebrow, "Him? Hang out with Japan?" Britain pointed at America, "Yeah, she kinda forced me to go," America gave me an irritated but playful face face. "Well he looked lonely, besides you shouldn't be responsible for me anyway," I trailed off.

Both Britain and America gave me an 'Are you serious' look, "well it technically is his fault you're here so he should be held responsible," Britain said as he sipped his tea. "Don't feel too guilty," Britain added, "Why are you here anyways dad?" America questioned as he sat next to his dad. "Well I'm just here to tell you guys that (Y/N) will be staying with me tomorrow, after awhile she will stay at another country's house," Britain explained.

"Wait why can't she just stay here? She is my responsibility right?"

"Well yes but I don't think you can keep supporting her so that's why we're using this system, well that is the plan but we've yet to discuss it, why? Do you want her to stay here?"

America blushed a little and swiftly turned away, "N-no I guess not.." he muttered. It seemed like a lie but I didn't dwell too much on it. "Alright I'll have America send you over first thing tomorrow," Britain stood up. "Wait what why me?" America complained, Britain simply glared at him and that's all it took to get America to shut up. "I'll be taking my leave then, farewell," Britain adjusted his top hat and left.

America sighed and stared at me, "W-what?" I stammered, blushing a little. "Nothing much I'll just miss you,"

"Huh what did you say?"

"Nothing,"

"Well I'm going to bed now I'll see you tomorrow," America stood up and climbed the stairs. I heard the sound of a door shutting, then I followed. I went into my room and collapsed on my bed, 'Britain seemed nice, I hope he doesn't try to kill me' I thought as I drifted to sleep.

Checkpoint reached