24.

A/N - THIS COULD PROBABLY HAVE BEEN BETTER IF I HAD A BIT MORE TIME BUT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN PUSHING FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS SO HERE IT IS. 

Jasper sits beside Wanda, everything in the house is quiet as they all wait, his hand holds to Wanda's as if his life depends on it. She is his life. So it does. He rests his face against her hand and closes his eyes before he pulls back a little to watch her face, waiting for something, anything, for some sign that she is going to wake up.

"Wanda" Jasper whispers, waiting, he strokes her cheek, he can't lose her. Not now, not after everything, not after waiting so long for her. "Please" he begs. "I love you" he sets his head on her shoulder. Pietro watches from the doorway, his arm around Alice.

"How long does it normally take?" Pietro asks.

"Everyone is different" Alice answers him. "It's only been two days.....it could be two more or it could be tonight"

"I miss her" Pietro mumbles.

"We all miss her" Alice corrects. Jasper kisses Wanda's hand, Alice looks to him. "Jasper, you need to feed"

"I will when she wakes up" Jasper argues, Alice looks to Pietro who shrugs and kisses her cheek, they both leave the room, Jasper sets Wanda's hand against his forehead.

"You have to wake up" he begs. "You're my wife and I need you to be okay" he nuzzles into her wrist. "I need you" he closes his eyes.

"Jazz" Wanda whispers, Jasper's eyes snap open and he looks to her, he smiles and strokes her cheek.

"You're awake" he whispers. "You're awake...." Carlisle and Emmett appear in the doorway. Carlisle stepping in and moving towards them.

"Wanda" she looks to him. "I know you must feel disorientated...." she looks to Jasper again before back to Carlisle.

"No" she answers. "I'm not. I know.....I know what I am now" she lifts her hand and watches as her red ball of energy bounces along her fingers, a deeper red then it used to be, more matching her hair. She watches it bounce before it disappears, she looks to Jasper. "I'm sorry" she whispers. "I didn't mean for it to happen...."

"I'm not mad" he reassures her. "I'm just....relieved you're alright" she nods and looks down.

"Did we win?" she asks, Emmett chuckles and smiles.

"We did" he answers, she looks to him and smiles a little.

"How do you feel?" Carlisle asks her. Wanda frowns and shrugs.

"Different.....thirsty.....I guess"

"Jasper will take you hunting," Carlisle tells her looking to Jasper who nods.

"I will" he agrees standing and holding out his hand to Wanda.

"Where's Pietro?" Wanda asks.

"Downstairs" Jasper tells her as she slides her hand into his and stands. "Let's....make sure you're not going to eat him first, huh?" he offers, she smiles a little and nods.

"Does he hate me?" she asks, Jasper shakes his head.

"No" he strokes her cheek and she leans into it. "No one hates you" he pulls her closer, she rests her head to his arm. "No one" he whispers and strokes her hair. "I promise" he kisses her cheek. "Everyone was worried sick" she hangs her head.

"I'm sorry" she whispers.

"It wasn't your fault" he assures her.

"If I hadn't fought you on staying away" she hurries out getting upset, Jasper takes her face in his hands.

"You still would have ended up in that fight," he tells her, she smiles a little.

"Perhaps" he strokes her cheek as her fingers dance over her neck.

"Come on, we can talk more after you've fed" he kisses her, she presses herself back, almost sending him tumbling, he chuckles a little and pulls her along.

........................

Jasper looks to Wanda as she scrubs at her face, leaning over the river to remove the blood from her, he sighs softly and moves to crouch at her side, he lifts her chin and helps, she can't see what she's doing.

"It'll get easier," he tells her softly, she lifts her eyes to his, still red, he gives her a smile.

"I...Don't...I can still feel it on my face" she reaches for her face. "Can you get it all off?" she whispers, he nods and brushes at the blood on her face.

"Killing animals is better than killing a human" he reminds her.

"I know" she whispers. "....I still don't like the idea of killing an animal"

"I know" he stops her kissing her softly. "Because you are a good person" he whispers against her lips. "That even killing an animal upsets you" she takes a breath and nods. He pulls her closer and settles with her in his lap.

"Can we stay here a little while?" she asks looking out over the river, Jasper nods.

"If that's what you want, Darlin'" he wraps his arms around her as she nuzzles into his neck.

.........................

Pietro paces, sometimes with super speed, sometimes not, Alice and Esme watch him as he worries, waiting for his sister to return from 'hunting'. He'd wanted to see her straight away but can understand the risk, he is technically human and she is now a vampire and all her instincts will be telling her to eat him, so yeah, for now, he'll stay where he is. He sits down and sits on his hands to stop him from moving and then stands as Wanda and Jasper appear in the doorway, Emmett steps closer, wary, Jasper's hand firmly in Wanda's.

"Wanda?" Pietro asks, Wanda looks to him and nods, trying to offer him a reassuring smile. Pietro steps closer and Wanda holds out her hand to stop him.

"You should probably......stay there," she tells him. "Just....give me a minute to...adjust" he nods and wrings his hands together, he wants to hug his sister. Wanda nods and then steps towards Pietro who now clenches his fingers at his side. "Okay" she whispers and reaches for Pietro before she pulls him closer, he wraps his arms around her, she does not return it, for fear of crushing him, she rests her head against his chest and smiles. Pietro hugs her tighter, ignoring the cold and the hardness of her body. Jasper runs his fingers through his hair and looks to Alice. Alice gives him a smile and nods. Pietro strokes Wanda's hair, comforting her, Wanda raises her arms and gently wraps them around him. Both of them clinging to one another, that fear of losing each other, for the first time in years.