The Plant

I'm at my place, yelling at my plants to make them grow better because I located a leaf spot on one. I have to go pick up Aziraphale soon and bring him back here so he can stay with me for a bit because his book shop burned down. When I arrived at his shop, my eyes widened behind my dark sunglasses and I jumped out of my Bentley. I was so scared and had never been more afraid for my angel's life, and I snapped the door open and then after I entered the burning building, snapped and shut it. I instantly see nothing but flames and am so so worried for Aziraphale. I yell, "Aziraphale! Where are you?" My panic is increasing as I don't get an answer and yell, "For Go- For Satans- For somebody's sake, Aziraphale answer me!" I once again get no answer and am so distraught as I'm knocked to the ground by a large woosh of flame. I say, with my voice breaking, "You've gone. Somebody killed my best friend. Bastards! All of you!" With that, I grab the book next to me and bolt out the door. I go back to my car and drive to our bar to get absolutely hammered and try to numb my pain some. After I arrive at the bar and order a lot of drinks, I see a ghostly image of Aziraphale and get scared. He talks to me, "Did you go to Alpha Centauri?" I take in a shaky breath and say, "No, I uh, changed my mind." I start to cry as I tell him, "Stuff happened. I lost my best friend." He looks down and says he's sorry to hear it and then tells me to go to his book shop and get a certain book. "Oh, you- you're bookshops not there anymore. I'm so sorry, it burned down." I feel awful right now having to tell him that his livelihood is gone. He asks, "All of it?" I can hear the emotion in his voice and it drives me into a deeper depression as I sob while nodding my head. I ask, "What, what was the book?" He tells me, "The lady you hit on the bicycle. The nice and accurate prophecies of" I scream, "Agnes Nutter! I got it, souvenir!" As I hold it out to him, his face brightens and he tells me to look inside, that he made notes. I open it up and see all Aziraphale's notes. After that terrifying event, we've been closer and he agreed to live with me for a while. After I finish reliving that horrible event and tidying up, I go pick up my angel from the library. I park, and go inside the building to find him. Once I'm inside, I see him reading and in deep thought. Then, I see a beautiful green aloe plant next to him and tear up almost as I realize it's mine. I approach him, tap him, and say, "Angel, I'm here." He is startled and jumps, then calms once he sees me and says, "Crowley, I got you something. I- I know you love plants, so here you go." He hands me the aloe plant and in that moment, I'm glad I'm wearing dark sunglasses to cover up my snake-like demon eyes. I'm tearing up as I say, "Thank you, angel." He hugs me and we get in the Bentley and I drive way too fast down the M25. In the car, Azi is more comfortable than I thought he would be considering I'm going 80. He smiles when I steal a glance at my new plant, and says softly, "I knew you'd love it." I smile back and look at the road as I say, "I do, angel. I do, and I won't yell at this one to grow better. It's a gift from you and only will get love." Azi smiles and I know he loves that answer. Back at my place, I put the new plant in a very special spot close to my throne and Aziraphale sits down on the couch while taking out the book he just borrowed. I sit next to him and we talk for a while about how much I love my gift and how I thought I had lost my angel forever.