Disaster

I pull up in the Bentley, and exit the vehicle. Once I reach the door to Aziraphale's bookshop, I knock and gently say, "Angel, you home?" The door doesn't open and I hear nothing from inside, I don't panic and just knock again. After another few minutes of uncomfortable silence, I can feel my eyes going full yellow as I'm getting more and more stressed. Azi knew we were going on a date to the Ritz tonight, and he should have been here at his bookshop getting ready or reading in his recliner. I finally just snap my fingers and miracle the door open, and I see my angel splayed across the couch bleeding. I run over to him as fast I possibly can and when I reach his side, I check to see if he's breathing. He is, but it's shallow and I know he needs some help immediately. I shove him very lightly, and when he doesn't even groan, I get more worried. I drop to my knees and put my hand on his chest, and then I withdraw my cellphone and start to think. "What do people do when this happens? Should I call an ambulance? I know he's hurt, but he's an angel. What can they do?" I mumble this under my breath as I contemplate calling the EMS and telling them to hurry because I don't know how long Aziraphale has left. He then makes a soft sound, and I drop my phone on the floor, touch his hand. "Angel?" I cry and he mumbles, "Gabriel." I lean down near his mouth and he says, "Gabriel. It's..." I try to put the pieces together and say, "Did Gabriel do this to you?" He nods and grips my hand tightly as another wave of pain grips him. I let him squeeze my hand and then decide to try to miracle away his bad pain. I try to snap my fingers, but nothing helps. I do it again, intently focused on my angel and once again nothing happens. I can see he's bleeding from a wound in his side...an angel blade must've done it. "Angel, what happened?" He mumbles, "Gabriel. He beat me, I'm I'm soft." I have tears running down my face as I hug him and whisper, "Angel...it'll be okay." I make the call and the ambulance arrives only to say that there's nothing they can do and that he doesn't have a good chance. I follow the emergency vehicle in the Bentley all the way to the hospital. After a long surgery, and stress filled time in the waiting room, my angel is okay and alive. He has one IV of morphine in and I just hold his hand, letting him know I'm there.