Chapter 10: Dreams Can Come True

I chambered a round into a rifle. I pulled the trigger. In seconds I was in space staring at a Nebula. The space around me was dark and empty save for the Nebula. I start painting the Nebula. There is a wooden paint board that holds a cup with brushes. There is no paintbrush in my hand or any paint anywhere. The canvas starts to take the shape of the Nebula with the appearance of a blue could. The canvas goes from being all white to all black with thousands of white spots all over it. The pink lines appear in the blue cloud then a pink hue around the Nebula. Stars appear around the nebula. At first, there were only a few stars then, gradually, millions of stars were around the nebula. Some stars could be seen behind the nebula.

Now I'm on a strange planet. I'm looking at a towering brick building at least 20 stories tall. The surrounding buildings are old wooden houses. I slip through the building and enter a room. It's a bedroom. For some reason, I think it's my bedroom. I'm floating around inside the building like an invisible ghost until I meat a beautiful woman. She's walking towards me. I pass through her unnoticed. She keeps walking to the bedroom I was just in. She opens the door and enters the bedroom. The door stays open.

I'm in a throne room now. Dressed up in a white robe with a golden sash on me going from my right shoulder to my left hip. I'm wearing a crown with a dozen spears on the top. I'm not sure what it is made of. It looks like steel but could be wooden. There is another man there. He is older with a large golden crown on his head. He is wearing a dark blue or maybe a black robe. He had a golden stash like mine but with more decorations on it.

I look down at the floor to see nothing. I look back over at the man to see him standing on a tiled floor. When I look back down at my feet there is still nothing there.

I see a pair of woman's shoes next to mine. I look up to check her out, but I am directed straight to her face. Her face is not there. Instead, there is a dark cloud. On top of the cloud are a forehead and long dirty blond hair. The hair turned red, then pure blond, then it went to black.

I'm in a dark place. I'm making love to a woman. I could feel her body against mine. I could feel her moving as I moved. I can hear her saying something, but I can't make it out. I'm kissing the woman and staring into her eyes. Amid the darkness of the place we were in, I could see her brown eyes staring back at me. The eyes changed to blue.

The lights came on and her eyes change again to green. Her moaning voice is familiar. I can see her face, it's Fedora. Her face and complexion changed again. I see red hair; the woman is now Orla. We are still making love, but I don't know where we are.

Everything goes dark. There is a faint light coming from the side. Orla and I are still intertwined with each other. I look over to see the Nebula in all its mystery gleaming back at us as we lay naked and intertwined in the middle of space.

A calming sensation of peace falls onto me. I feel nothing but peace. Orla is still under me, no, it's Fedora. Now Fedora is under me, but I don't feel her. I feel nothing but peace and cold. The cold takes over the feeling. I'm trying to embrace it, but it takes over. Now there is nothing. It's pitch black and none of my senses can indicate anything to me.

"We are here Kyle. Wake up!"

The sound of Jennifer's voice startled me. I jumped up hitting my head on the ceiling. I could hear her laughing at me from behind.

"I'm sorry Kyle. I didn't know waking you up would scare you so much", she said mockingly.

I had fallen asleep in the recliner. The recurring dream I normally fall sleep too had changed a little. It always starts the same, but the woman never changed as it had. I never felt the cold creep over me either. My blanket was on the other side of the recliner. I don't know if it fell off earlier or when I was startled from being woken up by Jennifer.