Chapter 15: Where does it End?

From looking into King Kervyn's mind, I knew there was more to the story. Gina must've plotted this a long time ago. The two people that could tell me what had happened are dead. My mind was swimming with questions after looking into the mind of King Kervyn. I had just spent a wonderful time with Princess Fedora. I didn't want to leave her now.

I was done looking into King Kervyn's mind. I wanted to see if Fedora was back yet. I used my powers to find but came up with nothing. I tried to scan the building but that was hard as well. I got a few floors down before I being stopped. I tapped into the power of my ring but that only helped a little more. I decided to wait for her in her bedroom.

I laid down on her bed. I staid invisible in case someone wanted to come in. I wondered about other protectors when they first gained their power. Did they have the time to train and learn their powers as quickly as me or were they allowed more time. I figured they had it easy compared to me. They probably learned over the years and staid in their own realm. Things were almost lined up for me as soon as I got my powers. I've been to other realms more than my own. I know that defeating Gina saved my planet but what about the rest of the realm?

Princess Fedora was still not back. I sat up on the bed and crossed my legs. I went into a meditation pose to plan my next move. I had to decide what to do next. I came up with questions to ask myself and Jennifer. I allowed Jennifer to speak to me while I waited for Fedora. The first question, "Should I stay with Princess Fedora?"

Jennifer replied, "What about her father?"

"Her father is a dick and I don't think she knows it. So, what should I do about him?"

"Discredit him."

"That's the last thing I want to do. I would look like I was trying to take his power over him."

"You forget that if King Kervyn is removed from power, then Princess Fedora will become Queen and rule Dasha."

"That's true Jennifer but what if Fedora doesn't want it? Shouldn't she make that decision on her own?"

"Maybe you should ask her."

"How would I ask her though? How would she react if I told her that her father had her mother killed? Or the fact that he was bedding Gina before Queen Marisa died?"

"You would need proof."

"I would have to go back in time for that. How would I be able to do that without screwing up the timeline?"

Sarcastically, Jennifer told me, "Very carefully".

I heard the door nob creak open, so I had Jennifer go back to silent mode. I knew what she meant though. I had to figure out a way to travel back in time without interrupting the timeline. If I did, Gina might have done things differently that would allow her to finish what she started. Princess Fedora entered the room. She closed the door behind her and locked it. "Kyle, are you here?" She whispered.

She was looking around the room trying to find me. She had the device in her hand. The thought did come to me to scare her again. I decided not to scare her and went with slowly reviling myself to her. As she started to see the image of me, her mood lighted and she rushed over to the bed. She was all giddy and happy now that she had the device and I was still there. She kneeled on the bed and gave me a kiss. "I found it", she said.

She brought the device up to my face to show me. I played along even though I saw it as soon as she walked in. "That's great my dear but we need to talk about something".

She went into a pouty mode. Her face dropped and her arms went limp. "What? No. This always happens. Come on Kyle. We were having such a good time together".