Chapter 14: An Apology

l didn't help to feel withdrawn with the whole idea. The words of the man at the restaurant resonated with me. There was more to the story and I had to find out. Somehow the key to the story was in this building.

I connected to the device that I gave Fedora and called out, "Fedora, it's me, Kyle. Can we talk?"

I moved over to her window to see if she was there. I probably should have done this in the first place but I was looking at the rest of the building. I peered into her room to see the device on her nightstand. I could wait for her to return or just go on in. I decided to phase in and take a good look at the place. As I did, I noticed that something was trying to shield me away. Once I was in, I was able to get a full scan of the interior of the building. I found Fedora talking to her father in his throne room. I kept looking to the bottom of the building. There was nothing abnormal about the place or the structure of the building other than it was well fortified and well-armed in a defensive posture.

I was still in her room when I decided to float around the halls. Phasing through the bedroom wall, I entered the hallway and started to make my way around the building. I made it half-way down the hall when I saw Fedora enter the hall-way. I stopped hoping that she would see me. She kept walking and walked right through me. I realized that I was still invisible. I turned around to see her enter her bedroom. She had left the door open a little. I almost played a prank on her. I was going to pretend that I was a ghost that had come to haunt her. I chuckled a little at the thought of scaring the crap out of her.

Seconds later, Fedora open her bedroom door and called out, "Hello, is anyone out there?"

The temptation was there so I had to go for it. In the most ghostly voice that I could come up with I said, "It's me, Fedora. Why didn't you help me?"

If you saw her face at that time you would have laughed your ass off as much as I wanted too. I was holding it in. It was hard and I even thought of putting up a sound shield.

"Gina, Gina is that you?" She called out holding the door tight.

"No, not Gina. It's your mother", I said without thinking of how insensitive it was.

She kept staring out into the hall-way. It took me a second to see that when I was trying to hold back my laughter I had put up a sound shield. I thought of something better to say and dropped the shield. "Ooooooooghhhhh. I was waiting for...", I called out.

She cut me off with, "Go away!"

Then she shirked out as she slammed the door closed. I could hear her setting the locks on the other side. I started to laugh hysterically until I remembered that I didn't have a sound shield up and tried to stop. It was too late. Princess Fedora opened up the door and opened it a crack, "Kyle is that you?"

I put the sound shield back up. Fedora knew me too well though. She left the door then came back with the device in her hand. "Kyle, I know it's you, Kyle. I heard you laugh. You got me. Show your self".

Jennifer didn't like what I was doing. She sent me a message that read, "You are a jerk".

Fedora was taping her foot by the door. She didn't look too happy either. I decided to give up on the prank and come clean. I made myself visible and removed the sound shield. As soon as Fedora could see me she threw the device right at my head. If it wasn't for the other shields that I had up, I probably would have received a nice bruise and possibly a concussion from it. The device dropped to the ground. The Fedora opened up on me as she started walking towards me, "Why don't you drop your shield so I can pay you back properly you little jerk. You could have knocked first. That wasn't nice".

She stopped a few feet away from me. I knew about what I wanted to say to her. Looking at her dress, I wanted to compliment her on the way that she looked. Her dress was white and very revealing. I could see the center of her cleavage and the middle of her stomach. The words that I wanted to say were there but I so wanted to say something about her dress. I knew it would be inappropriate and she probably would have tried picking up the device and try beating me with it. Not that it would have done anything to me but she would have gotten her aggression out on me. It might have completely ended the relationship too. I had to say what I came here to say. I wasn't a poet but I at least tried my best to explain how much I did love her.