[ 06 ]

[ 3rd person pov ]

as jisung and felix walked up their stairs to the fourth level, they heard quick and loud footsteps following behind.

"wait, guys! wait up!" a voice called out. felix turned around, still holding onto jisung's hand, as minho climbed up the stairs, stopping a few steps below them. he grabbed onto the railing with one hand, the other holding onto his left knee as he bent down panting.

"minho hyung? were you chasing after us?" felix asked. minho nodded, wiping the perspiration on his forehead, as he took a glance at their hands that were together. he looked up and said, "let's go."

♣️

the three sat down at the same bench they did before as felix put some apple pie onto the container's cover to act as a plate for jisung. minho took out his own lunch he packed for himself from home, as he started eating. felix spoke up, as jisung started munching on his apple pie, "haven't you made friends from your class?" minho chewed on his food, before answering, "i have, but i guess you guys are my friends too. and i see them in class everyday but only see you guys during lunch." felix nodded at his reply as silence fell again, until minho spoke up, "what happened downstairs?"

"what do you mean?" felix asked, on behalf of jisung and himself as jisung threw him a confused look as well.

"what you said to those mean boys. something about what happened last time happening again," minho asked. he brushed his hands against each other to remove the breadcrumbs after finishing his peanut butter bread.

"oh that," felix turned towards jisung. he turned to jisung, putting down his food as he signed to jisung, "do you want to tell him?" as he did not want minho to know what they were talking about. but minho, somehow understanding the context, decided not to question about it and let them communicate first. jisung nodded, smiling softly. felix turned back to minho, before starting, "those boys bullied jisung few months back, before i transferred here from australia. when i transferred, i sat beside jisung because it was the only empty seat. then i became his friend and found out about the bullying. this boy here was too scared to tell anyone, so i did the favour for him and told the discipline master. they were suspended for two weeks, they almost when to jail."

minho's eyes widened in shock. he thought to himself, "that bad?" however, felix answered the question for him, "it was that bad. they kicked jisung around and physically and verbally abused him. but, dongwon's parents are filthy rich. they bailed him and his stupid friends out. got a fine instead." minho turned to look at jisung who stopped eating, and was looking down, remembering the painful memories he feared would happen again. "so i stuck with him, ever since then. i never left jisung. when i had dance practice, the coach would let him stay in the studio so he could wait for me." minho listened to felix's words, with a spark of jealousy in his heart. he thought, "that explains the holding hands."

"don't worry, i can help you out. i'll walk him home when you have practice," minho smiled to felix, as felix did the same, "thank you then. in fact, i have practice later, you could walk him home then, i'm sure he knows the way." they both turned to jisung as jisung smiled thankfully to his minho, then at his best friend.

then, the rooftop garden door opened, revealing the friends minho had made in his class.

"so that's where you were," changbin said as the three of them entered the place. they walked towards the boys who were positioned on the bench. changbin's eyes were fixated on felix, even though he tried not to make too obvious.

"what a view there is up here," chan said, smiling.

"i know, right?" changbin said. minho, who seemed to notice changbin's interest in felix laughed silently, as he noticed felix looking at changbin too.

"oh hey changbin, i'm not going home with you today," minho said, remembering he was going to walk jisung home.

"that's fine, i'm staying back in school to study with chan," changbin replied, finally shifting his eyes to someone else. the seniors introduced themselves, jisung appreciating their friendliness.