[ 08 ]

[ 3rd person pov ]

"are you sure you can't stay longer?" jisung signed. after two hours minho finally understood sign language, still with a little difficulty. minho thought to himself for a while before smiling, "i'm sorry jisung, it's getting late, my roommate may get worried. your parents are coming home soon, aren't they?" jisung nodded sadly, waving goodbye to minho and closing the door behind him.

after waiting for a little longer, jisung heard the unlocking of his door.

"hey sweetie," a woman in her late 40s came in the door. jisung upon seeing her, stood up and went towards her for a hug. "how was school today?" she asked, as she put down her bag on the coffee table.

"it was great, mom. i made new friends, and the new boy from two days ago walked me home today," jisung signed to his mother, who made her way into the kitchen to prepare dinner. she chuckled, "that's really sweet of him. why don't you go rest first, i'll make dinner and call you when it's done."

jisung nodded and went to his room. he swiftly pulled out his phone from his pocket, ready to text felix about the walk home. then, he remembered. he did not have minho's phone number yet.

"okay tomorrow, minho's phone number," jisung thought to himself, before hearing his mother's voice, "jisung, come help set the table." and jisung left.

♣️

in school the next day, jisung waited at the main gate for minho to come. he glanced at his phone to check the time, deciding to be patient with the boy.

as soon as he saw minho a few metres before the school gate, he waved his hand, gesturing him to come, after making eye contact with him. minho raised his eyebrows, but still quickened his steps to meet the boy.

"hi jisung," minho greeted the boy, ruffling his soft hair. jisung smiled, holding up his phone and pointing towards it. minho hummed, questioning jisung's actions. the boy who noticed minho's confusion, opened his phone and went to the 'contacts' app. minho understood, his mouth forming an 'o' shape, "oh." he took the phone from jisung's hand, adding in his number to jisung's phone. when the words "contact name" appeared, minho thought about what he should name himself, before settling on a simple name.

"here," minho handed jisung's phone back to him, smiling. jisung looked down to his phone to see minho's name in his phone with cute emojis beside it. jisung smiled, sliding his phone in his pocket. the two walked together into school, but were met with some comments made by students they passed by.

"isn't that the new boy? who is he hanging out with?"

"why would he hang out with a boy we don't even know?"

"is the boy beside him new too? i've never seen him before."

minho turned towards jisung, only to see that his friend was keeping his head down. minho grabbed jisung's hand and quickened his pace, jisung following him behind. they both passed through the pool of students, then turning a corner into an empty classroom.

"let's stay here until the first bell rings," minho suggested. he sat down with his back against the door, patting the empty space for jisung to fill up. jisung sat down beside him, head still facing downwards. he hugged his knees, pulling his leg closer to him. minho looked at jisung, sighing, probably at the students, before pushing jisung's head lightly towards him. jisung let him, until his head came in contact with minho's shoulder. minho lifted up his other hand behind jisung, resting it on jisung's shoulder.

"it's alright jisung, i'm here for you," minho said softly.