Chapter 9

"Is everyone ready?" Maria asked excitedly as the detective, writer and undercover sniper got out of the taxi with their suitcases. The morning sun shone brightly now at the city of London, making Gaela squint her eyes. The mid-spring breeze gently brushed against Gaela's suitcase full of weapons and gadgets. Gaela personally asked Lydie Lee to come along and help her with getting through the security at the airport. And as for protecting David... Well, Gaela kinda asked Akamai to handle him for a few days with Lydie observing at a distance.

"Yeah! I brought everything I found useful though I'd probably never use them. Ehehe...." Lait laughed nervously, "I did bring my laptop and drawing tablet and pen with me so I guess I don't need to bring markers, pencils and paper but why not?" "When is our flight anyways?" Gaela asked. "It's at eleven and we'll arrive at Berlin in around one fifty." Maria replied, "we came here extra early to check in and get through the security and go shopping I guess."

"Oh yes, I have an acquaintance who works in this airport and wish to have an idle chat with me. Is it okay if I head to terminal five for a check in?" Gaela asked, " I haven't seen her in forever." "A-Ah..! Same here," Lait said with a surprised look, "I have a friend who wish to see me down terminal one." Maria's smile faltered before she nodded in understanding. "I see! I'll head to terminal four. We'll meet by the Starbucks inside the airport?" "Of course." Gaela and Lait said in sync.

The trio dispersed and Gaela immediately headed towards terminal five. "Gaela!" A voice called out happily. Gaela was greeted by a black haired woman in her late twenties with lively dark cocoa coloured eyes; the most intelligent and valued scientist of the agency. Lydie Lee went to the US and created Ma171 successfully and got through the airport security rather easily when flying back to Britain with her robot. "Greetings Lydie. Here's my suitcase. Hurry up, we don't want the cue to grow any longer with more witnesses." Gaela ordered, showing Lydie her fake passport and her airplane ticket before putting the suitcase on the conveyor belt. The suitcase weights 60kg. "So lemme just pull out this trustworthy USD plug and..... mhm, do this and that.... scan this here and done!"

The weighting scale on the conveyor belt glitched before the 60kg changed to 20kg. Lydie then took out a little magnet from her pocket and fasten it on the suitcase. "As long as you have this bad boy to jack up the signals and the electromagnetic fields of some security devices, you're fine. This massive suitcase should be sent straight to the plane that's going to Berlin now. I hope these multiple locks does the trick preventing anyone from opening this. When you arrive at Berlin, Ma171 and the Rí an Ghealach will meet you when you stepped into the 'Arrivals' area hopefully. For now just stay low and don't act abnormally. If a guard think you're acting suspicious and wish to check your suitcase while importing this, you're doomed. Well, not really since that piece of magnet is a tracker for Ma171. She'll help you get through if anything goes wrong." Lydie instructed.

"Of course. Thank you." Gaela thanked before walking off. Out of curiosity, Gaela peered over at terminal one. Lait is talking with a girl with long white hair with blue dyed at the ends with piercing blue eyes quite like Brian's though a lighter shade. There's something about the girl that just..... hm. Gaela sworn she'd seen that white haired girl with blue eyes somewhere. Lait and that girl seem to be in a pretty deep discussion about a vital topic. A short grey haired child scurried out and exchanged some words with the two girls, putting something small on Lait's suitcase. Gaela narrowed her eyes curiously again. Those features looks extremely familiar...... She remember seeing him somewhere; on the news maybe...? Lait nodded before putting her suitcase down on the conveyor belt and walked off.

Gaela made her way towards Starbucks lost in thought; thinking about Lait's two friends and saw Maria by the counter, pointing at the menu for a cup of coffee, green tea and a strawberry Frappuccino. Lait made her way towards Gaela and shot her a small polite smile. Gaela didn't return the smile but instead gazed upon Maria and nodded, "let's go."