Chapter 53

"Alright gather around everyone. Behold, our legendary foolproof plan!" Akamai exclaimed with a grin, "this can be carried out tomorrow so be prepared!" "Even if it's an intricate plan full of what I deem to be faults, estimations and predictions..." Adrienne started as she fixed her glasses, "I can assure you all this plan is safe to execute. I've checked it over and over again. If it backfires, worry not. We have three more backups; and that is plan B, C and D which are all ready to be executed." If Kami have to be honest, she was very impressed with the planning of the strategists. Well, multiple heads is better than one after all.

"Adrienne and Akamai are excellent planners. We covered every scenario we can think of; both good and bad, best and worst. This will work for sure," Casper said calmly. As calm and composed as Casper looked, it was clear he was excited to execute it straight away. Kami smiled to herself, pretty hyped to carry the plan and save some asses. Shauna beside Kami shot her a starstruck expression, in awe with Kami expressing positive emotions. Kami in return huffed at her.

"Thank you everyone..!" Lait beamed happily, "you all have my upmost gratitude." Lait sheepishly looked at everyone in the room. "Gaela, Brian, Threatening, Rin, Adrienne, Folisha, Akamai, Christopher, Kami, Sakura, Lucia, Shauna, Casper, Aisuki, Otto, Lydie and Fuze.... Thank you for being here for me. Without you all, I'd be blinded by rage and panic and god knows what I would do thinking Yinyu was in danger and not being safe and sound right now?" Lait hesitated, as if recalling an event in the past, before she continued.

"I appreciate your help everyone. Really, I do. But I want to go myself. Yinyu is my brother and the two hostages with him are his friends. I want to take matters into my own hands and retrieve them myself. I don't want to bother everyone. Especially Gaela; she is the one in danger the most." Everyone stared at Lait, dumbfounded. Kami narrowed her eyes. "What the f*ck are you talking about?" Kami asked. "Huh?" Lait questioned as she tilted her head.

"We are all friends and friends help each other out!" Lucia bellowed happily, "Mr. Robinson accepted Yinyu as his son so he's my brother too!" "In a sense, we are all family. I need to thank the kind man for taking care of my lively and quite air-headed sister," Shauna spoke up with a sheepish smile, "I need to repay him for his kindness. If I can help, I'm happy to do so!" The tall neurologist with braided lavender hair let out a small terrified squeak and shuddered as soon as all eyes landed on her.

"Even if I don't know much about Yinyu, I still need to save Rien and that David guy," Kami sighed, "I mean, I might as well save Yinyu too.... And as allies — as friends — we can execute this task together." "Even if we never had the best first impressions and nearly killed each other in the past, we are all acquaintances now!" Sakura grinned, "I will do my best to help you as a token of gratitude for all the good times I had reading your books." Gaela cleared her throat and stepped forward.

"My mother said to me how an Assassin's Faith isn't easy to earn. But once you earned it, they will walk through Hell alongside you and shall never stray," Gaela spoke up, "I am at fault for the abduction of Rien Sun, Yinyu Yi and David Moon. I shall atone." "You saved our lives and we shall repay the favour," Brian spoke up. The blonde unsheathed the Yoake, dark blue eyes unflinching, "I shall accompany you to rescue the hostages. I will keep you and Gaela safe." "Yeah!!" Rin exclaimed happily as she wrapped an arm around Gaela and Brian each, grinning. "Thank you for saving our asses and giving us shelter Lait! I know for sure Cillian'll kill me sooner if it wasn't for this cozy place. I mean, yeah I know for sure I'm gonna die because I signed up for this. The least I can do is to help out and provoke the enemies to make their jobs harder; and I'm very good at that!"