Chapter 1 - Awkward..

Ivan POV 🌸

Amanda in the second slide

"Excited Ivan?" Amanda chirped at me while I was getting ready. If you're wondering what she's talking about, I just got a job as Antonio Estrella's personal assistant. I applied for it a few weeks ago, interview and all. honestly I wasn't expecting to be hired, but thank god cause I just got fired from my job as a waiter a few days ago. Apparently I couldn't dump food on a costumer no matter how much of a fucking ass they were.

As for who Amanda is, she's been a close friend of mine since I was kicked out of my house. And no it wasn't because I came out to my parents, when I came out to them which they didn't take well at first I'll admit, they did eventually came to accept who I was and supported me to the fullest, loving me unconditionally.

Till they died.

Fuck. It still hurts to think about. I got the news late in the afternoon, I just finished class and was heading to my car when I got the phone call. They died because of a mugging gone wrong, my dad tried taking the gun from the guy, while mom tried calling the police, one thing led to another and they were found dead with multiple gunshot wounds, dad had 16, while mom had 12.

They eventually found the fucking guy in a gas station at the outskirts of New York. I thought me and sister would cope together, but apparently when she found out I was gay she secretly began to hate me, thinking how my parents would accept such a monster. When my parents died she took all of there assets since they didn't write a will and she was the oldest, leaving me with nothing, not a cent.

After a few months she kicked me out our apartment and told me to fend for myself, she gave me a suitcase full of my stuff and 500 dollars. She practically threw it at me because she didn't want to touch a faggots stuff, she also told me to not bother coming back since she was moving out and staying in LA with her drug addicted junkie of a boyfriend she met online.

I was scared, I didn't know what to do I was all alone in the middle of New York City, with no one to help me. I was homeless the first 2 months, sleeping in alleyways, subways, anything to help keep to cold and rain away. Then one morning when I was in a coffee shop warming up, Amanda walked up to me asking me if I needed her jacket. I thought she was playing a joke on me till I saw the genuine kindness and concern look on her face, I started tearing up at the simple, but kind gesture.

During that 2 months no one would pay any attention to me, they'd ignore me and give me looks of disgust at the sidewalk, I don't know why it's not like I begged, I never did, but other people seem to think otherwise. When she began to see me tear up she hugged me, she didn't care that I smelled like shit from lack of showers in the 2 months, not caring about my shitty breath, and not caring about my ragged clothes.

I told her my story and let's just say she wants my sisters head on a wall. She took me to her very small studio apartment down in Manhattan, letting me stay as long as I needed till I could get back on my feet. I stayed for a few months till I saved enough money to move out and found my own little loft to stay in. It's nothing fancy, it's in the poorer and more dangerous parts of NYC, and wasn't in Manhattan like Amanda's, but I wasn't complaining, it keeps me warm and gives me a roof over my head which is all really all I want.

"Ivan are you ok?" Amanda asked concern on her face. "Huh?" I answered back. "Ivan your crying" she said. I place my hand on my cheek and felt my tears falling down my face. I never noticed. "Uh, yeah just thinking about what happened 3 years ago" I answered softly, Amanda gives me a small smile "Aww, Ivan come here" She engulfs me in a hug, she's actually very strong for how she looks, many assume she loves to eat food, or is too lazy to lose weight because of her size, and if we're being honest here she's not even that big, if you'd consider her big at all, If you ask me I'd say she's beautiful. "Alright enough moping let's get you ready!" She squealed our the last word excitedly.