Chapter 8 - Past

VERY UNEDITED

Estrella POV 🌼

After his little surprise visit, we ate breakfast and spent the rest of our time on his couch, "So" I drawled, "Tell me about your past" I asked, "Nope, too personal" he responded rather quickly, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him

"You can suck my dick in a shower, which we haven't even went on a date, but you can't tell me your past?" I retorted. He lets out a sigh, "it's depressing, you really wouldn't wanna know" I scoff, "We've all been through something in life, my dad died when I was 8 he smoked, and one thing lead to another and he got lung cancer, my mom and Greta have been my caretakers since. I built my empire off of nothing, and I'm helping my mom and Greta, I've given them everything I could give. But remember my past still fucking haunts me, I feel like if I had the money I do now, back than? I would give it all away in a heartbeat if it meant just and extra day with my dad"

"That's terrible Ester, it really is, but I can't tell you still" I was shaking in frustration, what's so sad about his life? He probably hasn't even been through anything, besides him getting mugged that's it!

"You probably haven't even experienced half the hardships I had to face!" He was taken aback by my outburst. "I bet your parents pay for everything you have! That little apartment in the Bronx, and the job I rehired you for! You're good for nothing little brat, who takes everything for granted, so go ahead tell me I'm right" His eyes start welling with tears, yeah act hurt by crying, I know I'm right.

"My mom and dad got killed in mugging gone wrong, they were shot 12-16 times each, I got the call when I was 17, I balled my eyes out cause I had just came out to them. They didn't accept me at first, but they told me they loved me soon enough. My sister gets all of there assets and kicks me out if our house because I was gay, she called me every homophobic slur in the book before telling she's selling the apartment and slammed the door in my face. I was homeless for 2 months, living in allies, abandoned buildings just to survive. I never begged for money, but I almost resorted to prostitution for money, till I met Amanda, she let me stay in her Manhattan apartment. I started working jobs, one after another in order to save and rent my own apartment. I got that apartment with my own hard earned money. I'm currently trying to meet ends meet cause my rent is due in a week, I haven't paid for my last one so they cut off heating, I have to shower in freezing water in the middle of a New York winter and sleep on my bed, I don't have a blanket so I shiver till the morning. I also haven't eaten a proper meal yesterday, because I've been funneling all my money on paying my rent." He calmly said, he was crying when he stands up and looks at my shocked face.

"Don't you ever assume something just because of my personality and the clothes I wear. I thought it was Jason that put all that stupid shit in your head, turns out it was all you, and you haven't even let it out yet. I'm going, I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Estrella" he walks off into the elevator.

Fuck!

Ivan POV 🌼
I exit the building, walking quickly down the sidewalk, I didn't bring a jacket with me so I'm shivering like crazy. I was tearing up, so that's what he thinks of me, I'm not surprised, the only person who's been with me through all of this is Amanda, so I head to her apartment since we were still in Manhattan. I wasn't really looking my way from all the snow falling, but someone shoved me aside, knocking me to the ground. I cried out on the sidewalk, I felt like I was homeless all over again, all alone with no one here, my phone was still in Estrella's penthouse so I couldn't call anyone.

Than a blanket wraps around me.

I look up to see Estrella, guilt written all over his face, "Please, let's get back to my place" he asked, all I could do was follow him back. I was shivering badly but he takes off his jacket and puts around me, add even more warmth. "Y-you're g-g-get c-cold" I shivered out, he shrugs, "I deserve it, I fucking torture you everyday with my bipolar fucking attitude towards you, I'm sorry"