five

Harvey switched on the TV and the news came on: "I'm reporting live from the scene of the GCPD massacre. We have just obtained video footage of the attack recorded by one of the assailants. I want to warn those of you watching, what you're about to see is very graphic."

Jerome's face came onto the TV his nose bleeding and his smile wide.

"Hello, Gotham City! We're the Maniax. And I'm Jerome, the shot caller of our little gang. We're here to spread the message of wisdom and hope," the red head was interrupted by groaning and instantly shot before looking back up to the camera

"Some people have no manners.," he smiled

"You're all prisoners. What you call sanity, it's just a prison in your minds that stops you from seeing that you're just little tiny cogs in a giant absurd machine. Wake up! Why be a cog? Be free like us. Just remember, smile." Jerome smiled, the blood from his broken nose dripped down onto his skin.

"Oh and Jim, Jim Gordan?" Jerome peered into the camera as if to yell out to an audience: "I have Rory here," he turned the camera towards Jim's daughter and revealed to the audience a girl that had been beaten and tormented, she was gagged, and her eyes didn't look at the camera but above the lens; at Jerome who was holding the camera.

"Say hi to Daddy, doll face," he jeered from behind the camera. She looked down the lens and shook her head as if to tell Jim not to try. The camera went back to Jerome.

"She's a beauty isn't she, Jimbo," Jerome smirked into the camera, his laughter becoming heart and wild: "and she's all mine, you try anything, and I mean anything, I kill her. She's my prisoner, my reward, and you're not taking her away from me Jimmy boy, on no, not this time" his words were spoken through laughters.

"Oh! Time to go," he grinned as the sound of sirens blared in the background.

"But don't worry, we'll be back very soon. Hang on to your hats, folks. Cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" his laughter became hysterical, just before the video cut off a heart wrenching shriek echoed around the police station and was cut off by the camcorder.

#

Rory had been found in the interview room, hiding in one of the lockers. She was dragged out in front of Jerome and Commissioner Essen, her hands had been handcuffed behind her back. She was kicking and screaming against the hold of Helzinger and her protests caused both Jerome and Essen to look at her. Jerome instantly started laughing at the sight of her and stepped down off of the desk.

"You know, Rory," Jerome spoke, his voice laced with mischief and chaos, he lightly pushed a stray hair that was falling over her face before running his hand through her hair and yanking her head back. He leaned in close to her: "I'm starting to get sick of you leaving me," he growled as he looked down at her.

"Maybe you should take the hint," she snarled back, pulling at her handcuffs.

He started to laugh: "Oh, I'm not giving up on you anytime soon," he grinned before dragging her by the hair and tied her down to a chair that was next to Commissioner Essen.

"Now I need you to be quiet while I deal with the pig," and with a deranged smile, he gagged Rory and went back to talking to Essen.

The Commissioner didn't look at him, she was looking back to Rory, her eyes wet and full of pity and worry: "She isn't involved in any of this, Jerome," she spoke, looking back to the monster that stood over her and Rory.

Jerome giggled at this: "Oh but she is," he smirked, leaning down towards Essen.