seven

TIME SKIP

Rory was asleep when Jerome's awakening had started. She was roughly awoken by her roommate who was muttering frantically as he woke her.

"I don't understand? What's going on?" she asked.

"This psycho has come back from the dead, it's all over the news," he fumbled for the remote and turned the TV on to channel Five .

There a newswoman was standing on the Gotham streets: "we are going to play this in hopes that it leads to the thieves apprehension-" the image then cut and Rory was exposed to the very familiar and slightly strange face of Jerome.

"Oh my god," she whispered as she watched him. She couldn't keep his eyes off him. His green glow was so insane that she could see it through the TV.

The power cutting out caused her to break from shock. She turned to her roommate in the darkness.

"We need to get out of here, or else we're going to die," she whispered, staring at him with a frightened look.

He nodded, grabbing his car keys. She ran into the other room and grabbed the emergency cash before running downstairs into the streets of Gotham.

#

Jim's immediate worry when he watched the electric company blow up, was his daughter's safety. With Jerome back, she was in danger. He rushed down to talk to Lee, to ask about what Jerome had said.

"Lee!" he said rushing into her office where she had just finished bandaging up a cop.

She walked away from him.

"Lee! please, did he say anything about Rory?" Jim yelled. She turned and looked at him, her dislike for him obvious in her face yet, she still looked worried.

"No, he mentioned Bruce Wayne, that was the last thing he remembered- wanting to kill him," she stuttered.

He nodded and thanked her before running out of her office. He rounded up some officers and Harvey and headed out. Jim would go to the Wayne residence, the police would go to his daughters. When the others didn't find her, he feared the worse. He was back at the police station and was wondering where Jerome had gone. The circus seemed to be the most logical explanation- and so he headed there not only to save Bruce Wayne but to save his daughter.