twenty six

TIME SKIP BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY

They had injected Rory with something before she had gotten into her wedding dress. A sedative of some kind coursed through her veins as she stood next to Jerome. He was the only thing she could focus on. He was standing in front of her in a white tuxedo, with a black waistcoat over his cream shirt. His bright red hair was slicked back and a stray strand dangled over his forehead. From his breast pocket was a vibrant red rose that seemed to taint Rory's vision with a dull pink. She couldn't see his green aura.

Rory herself was wearing a simple satin wedding dress, which hugged her body gently. Her arms were covered in sheer material with simple twirls of flowers cascading down from her shoulder to her hands. She looked at her hands, breaking away from Jerome's gaze. He was holding them tightly, as if to keep her steady. Bliss was the only thing filling Rory, it warmed her chest as she stood in front of Jerome. She couldn't remember how she had gotten to this point, or where she was, all she knew was that she had to say 'I do.'

Jerome however, knew exactly where they were and what was going on. They were standing in a small church on the outskirts of Gotham. The building itself was run down and half of the roof had caved in. Surrounding him and Rory were several hundred goons dressed in semi-formal gothic outfits, all sitting in the pews of the church with manic grins on. The priest in between him and Rory was being held at gunpoint by one of Jerome's henchmen. He stuttered out the words as quickly as he could, his hands shaking as he spoke.

"Now it's time for t-the vows," he spluttered out as he tried to remain calm.

Jerome's head swirled to him quick.

"Oh, we won't be needing those," he chuckled in a sly voice.

"Just skip to the marriage licence will ya, father?" he said again in a chipper tone.

The priests eyes widened and nodded timidly, a henchmen handed him a large wooden box with the marriage licence on the surface. The priest handed Jerome the pen first.

"If y-you would sign-n here," he spoke slowly pointing to where Jerome had to sign.

Jerome grabbed the pen eagerly and quickly scribbled down his signature.

"Now you, ma'm," he turned to Rory, who was still in a dazed state. She turned slowly, Jerome placed the pen in her hand and guided her to where she had to sign. She looked to Jerome before starting down at the paper.

"I-"

"Sign it, Rory" Jerome mumbled as he watched her process.

She pursed her lips and slowly dragged the pen over the paper, spelling out her full name in shaky handwriting. As soon as she had written the last letter of her name, Jerome let out a loud and daunting laugh. The contract was whisked away from the two and Rory turned to face Jerome again.

"With the marriage contract signed," the priest spoke again, his words rang out around Rory, who was still struggling to get a grip on reality.

"I now pronounce you, m-man and wife," he announced. With these words, the crowd of goons, stood and erupted with applause and laughter.

"Y-you may kiss the bride," the priest said nervously.

Jerome quickly pulled Rory into him, placing his hand on the small of her back and the other on her cheek. Rory, who was in a dazed state didn't react, simply put her hands on his chest and as Jerome kissed her, she kissed back.

To Rory this all felt like a dream, like she wasn't really there, so it didn't matter what was going on because she knew she was going to wake up. But little did she know that as soon as that feeling faded, as soon as the drug's that she had been given had worn off, she would wake to the harsh reality of being Jerome Valeska's wife.

#

There was a large bonfire in the centre of the churches grounds. the henchmen of Jerome were dancing and twirling around it in cult-like rhythm. Rory and Jerome sat in tall, impressive chairs watching the strange celebrations take place. The sedative had started to ware off, and ever so slowly small pockets of neon lights flashed before Rory was she watched spooky scene of her wedding reception take place. Terror slowly was getting a grip on her chest and as she came too from the trip, she couldn't help but feel like she was on a never ending roller coaster.

Jerome, who was feeding off of the chaos that his followers were creating, stood with a champagne glass in his hand. He gently tapped the side and waited for the crowd of crazies to pay attention. They all turned to him almost instantly, halting what ever insane act they were participating in.

"My friends," Jerome yelled out as he addressed his audience.

"Thank you all for celebrating this day with me! Words cannot describe how happy I am to see so many people who share my vision for what this city can become. We are truly free from the grips of those who are seen as sane! Revel in your chaos my friends! For our time has just begun! This marriage is just the start of our reign of terror!" he boomed and with an evil laugh he lifted up his glass. This statement was met with a tremendous roar from the crowd, all cheering and clapping and laughing with him.

"I hope you all will be welcoming to my bride, for she is the one who will lead us to our dream. She will lead us the the chaos that you all crave!" he declared, insisting even more uproar from the crowd.

The noise made Rory's head spin as she watched the colours of the crowd grow in intensity. Jerome's green glow also had started to show, his green aura slowly spreading out, covering her.

"And to my new wife," Jerome said, turning to Rory with a crazed smile.

"Our love with bring madness to all." his words were delivered softly, but they burned into Rory's mind.

"To chaos!" he yelled out.

The crowd echoed this.

To Chaos!

A/N- I'm sorry for such a short chapter, my inspiration for this scene was lacking!!! But there you go, their wedding. I know some of y'all were expecting drama but I just couldn't think of anything that was good enough you know. Anyway, I hope you liked it even if there was no explosions or whatever. Do you like the fact that they actually get married? Any ideas where this will lead Jerome and Rory?

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

If you want to support the BLM movement there is a link on my profile which will take you to a petition about Breonna Taylor, her murder's Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove, have still not been arrested!!! Please sign, her family deserves justice!

Hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter even if it wasn't as dramatic as expected!

Hope you are all healthy and safe, don't forget to WEAR A MASK when you're outside or meeting with friends!

- R x