thirty one

They were heavy doors, but the weight didn't seem to bother Jerome as he pushed them open. He lead Crane and Tetch into a strangely clean and bright room. It seemed completely out of place compared to the cold and gloomy scenery of the warehouse outside. Inside was a collection of goons all in white coats looking as clean as the room, except for the variety of crazy hair colours and hairstyles.  

"Welcome boys!" Jerome announced as the three villain took in the bizarre room. It was like an infirmary, however there were tables and shelves scattered about which were covered in science equipment which seemed to have been stolen from a high school. 

"This is where we have been working so far, but our attempts haven't been as successful as I had hoped." Jerome said as he stopped the two criminals in front of a table which had the body of Lola laying on it. She had been dissected, several tubes were sticking out of her to test her blood, different organs were sealed away in jars on the shelves behind her. there was a purple substance which stained her face, it seemed to have come from her mouth, nose and ears. 

"Hopefully with your help, Jarvis, we can avoid what ever this is from happening again," Jerome smiled as he looked at the dead body of Lola with disgust. 

"I'm already thinking of a way to get a hold of my dear Alice!" He said with a sly smile. 

"Yes, once we have her blood, things should start to fall into motion," Crane added as he looked over at Lola. 

Jerome hummed in response, turning away and looking at the several vials of chemical potions that his goons were tinkering with. 

"Do you think any of these could be improved, I would hate to start from scratch," he asked. 

Crane took a brief look over the several chemical solutions. 

"I'll have a look, but I'm going to need a bigger lab," he said as he picked up one of the vials and inspected it. 

"That should be easy enough!" Jerome exclaimed with a giggle. 

"What about you Tetch? How are you planning on getting dear old Alice's blood?" Jerome looked back at Tetch who had stayed at the feet of Lola, his attention fixed on her stitched together stomach. 

"Oh I can just walk in and get it!" He sang with a crooked smile. 

"Wonderful, I like what I'm hearing boys!" Jerome exclaimed through a manic grin. He rubbed his hands together as he said this. Jerome then approached Tetch and lowered his voice. 

"Jervis, I'm going to need your help," he muttered in a dark tone. 

"Of course, Jerome," Jervis responded. 

"Jonathan!" Jerome exclaimed, remaining close to Tetch. 

The scarecrow looked back at his two well dressed companions. 

"We'll leave you here to play with your potions, the Mad Hatter and I have somewhere to be!" 

A/N - 

Sorry for another short chapter, like I said in the last chapter I'm still trying to get back into the swing of writing. Luckily, these upcoming holidays should help me be more attentive to this fanfic! Hope you enjoyed this scene, it is a bit rough so I apologies for any mistakes. 

Hope you are all having a nice break! Tell me what you think in the comments, I love seeing your reactions :) 

I swear there will be more interesting scenes coming up soon!!!!

Hope you are all healthy and happy :)

All the best, 

- R. x