Chapter 44-WHERE IS HE?

"Near, far, wherever you are   I believe that the heart does go on                                                                     Once more you open the door                            ...

I believe that the heart does go on

Once more you open the door

And you're here in my heart

And my heart will go on and on"

                                                         "Near, far, wherever you are   I believe that the heart does go on                                                                     Once more you open the door                            ...

Emma's POV-

It's been a month now since Jacob has been discharged from hospital.It's like his health is deteriorating every time I see him. I don't know how to act around him but i know that I'm definitely doing something okay because whenever Jacob sees me his mouth turns into this beautiful smile that somehow I have come to love.

He is truly beautiful . God has taken his full time to make him. His carefree attitude, that charming smile everything gives me the strength to wake up everyday and live.The fight that I have lost in me was restoring itself but now seeing him lose himself to cancer I'm losing that fight too.

This past one month has brought us a lot closer than before . I never thought that i would be that close to someone and that too to lose him again . Jacob will call me a soon as he wakes up. We'll go to school together. Sometimes we'll walk together talking about random things ignoring the time for school . Sometimes we would go to our favorite place on the rooftop skipping the school and enjoy the whole day together . We were acting like everything was okay. Everything was normal .

But it was far from it.

It's almost time for Jacob to arrive and for us to walk to school. Mason has been going to school with Eve and Richard . I know I'm giving less time to them but they understand.Everyday before going to school me and Mason sit in the backyard and talk about everything . Sometimes at night when i come late from Jacob's and Mason is already asleep i go and tuck in myself in his bed . My way of saying that no matter how less we talk we are still the best of the friends ever.

"Em , Jacob is here " mom called from downstairs.

I picked up my bag and immediately went downstairs to see my mom spoon feeding Jacob.