Chap. 98: In Your Arms

(WARNING: this is a 2 year time skip into future so none of it is accurate!)
*Third Person POV*
~2 year time jump~

             The birds chirp happily outside to the warm, Spring air. Chloe, a mouthy 7-year-old, plays around her play house with her toddler little brother and father.
             Sebastian picks up a block from the grass and hands it to Chris. Chris, who lays on his side with his elbow propping him up, smiles down at his adopted son. Chris thinks to himself that Sebastian looks nothing like the 45 year old man's deceased sister. Sebastian has black hair and big grey eyes, a button nose.
              "Oh thank you, Seb." Chris says to him, "Is this mine? Can I keep it?"
                Sebastian takes the block back and puts it beside him, getting another block. He hands it to Chris, the baby's eyes on the other blocks with colorful letters in them. Chris looks at the letters on the blocks.
             "Seb, do you know what these say?" Chris says enthusiastically, turningtje block as he reads the letters. "G, H, I, J, K, L!"
             "Papa, I think Sebby doesn't care." Chloe says annoyed from her playhouse, rolling her eyes.
              Chris gives her a look. "I used to do this with you ALL the time when you were a baby."
               "I'm not a baby anymore!" Chloe says annoyed, stripping her doll naked.
                "No you're not. You're a big girl." Chris says with a distant smile, looking softly at Sebastian.
               Sebastian puts the block to his mouth, drooling on the block. Chloe wrinkles her nose in disgust.
              "Babies are gross." She says disgusted, "They drool on everything!"
              Chris ignores her and takes the block from Sebastian. He hands him another block to drool on. Sebastian look up at his adopted father innocently, cooing up at him. Chris clicks his tongue to the roof of his mouth, puckering his lips out. Sebastian lets put a soft giggle, grinning. Chris pulls the baby to his chest and kisses his cheek. Then he lets him continue to play. 
            Chloe frowns at this, jealousy filling her. She feels that her parents are too focused on the baby to pay attention to her anymore. Now that both her Aunt (Tía) Loni and Uncle (Tío) Andrew have passed away, she had no one else to play with. She wishes the baby would go away but she knows he won't.
            Katie walks out of the screen door with food in her hand. Copper dashes out of the house with Fox, the fluffy dog. They play around in the grass before running to Chloe. Katie walks over and sets lunch on a picnic blanket. She clicks her tongue at Sebastian, who raises his arms to her.
            "Chloe!" Katie calls, "Lunch is ready."
              Chloe stops her naked dolls and walks over to the picnic table. Katie holds Sebastian up as they all begin to eat. Chloe wrinkles her nose.
            "I don't like hotdogs." She whines, "I want nuggets."
            Katie gives her a look. "Eat your food Chloe."
             Chris sits up and looks out onto the California valley, taking in a deep breath of air. Katie stares at him curiously. Sebastian tried to lean towards the hotdog buns, cooing. He struggles against his adoptive mother's arms.
            "What is it, Bebe?" Katie says softly.
              Chris smirks, looking into his wife's eyes. "Do you remember when you told me that you once wrote a story? About an alien planet or some other?"
              Katie gives him a confused look. "Ugh, yeah? Why?"
                "Maybe you should start writing again." Chris says with a small smile.
                 "Okay..." Katie says confused, "What about?"
                     "A girl." Chris says as he stares at his wife with stars in his eyes, "She's shy and sweet...beautiful but doesn't realize it."
                    Katie arches a brow. "Is this your way of telling me you're having an affair?"
                  Chris rolls his eyes, continuing. "One day, this girl meets this man. He's older than her and he's—"
                Katie realizes who Chris is referring to. "Why don't you write it? It sounds like you have all the ideas."
                Chrus thinks for a moment. "How about we write it together?"
                 Katie nods. "Okay...then what should we call it?"
                   "My Dearest Bebe." Chris winks at her, receiving an eye roll from both Katie and Chloe.
                  "No, it has to be romantic." Katie says, "And not corny."
                 "Whatever." Chris hands Sebastian a carrot to chew on.
                    "In Your Arms." Katie blurts out, making Chris look up at her.
                   "What?" Chris says confused, chuckling.
                   "I always wanted you to hold me and kiss me after our second kiss." Katie candors, "As embarrassing as it is to admit it, I used to fantasize about us being together and how I wanted you to hold me and make passionate—UM, just wanted you to love me."
                    Chris chuckles. "I'm hearing this NOW?"
                   "Lets call it In Your Arms." Katie says, "Because yours was my safe place against Hannah and your friends and my fears. You were my safe place, Chris. In your arms, I was."
                   Chris thinks of this a moment, finally nodding with a smirk. "In Your Arms."

The end.

How did you like the ending of the story? Was it good? Bad? Should have I ended it differently? Was my story worth the read after all? Please comment in the box below if your thoughts. I hope you enjoyed. It was an amazing journey with you all, my Readers. I love EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭