Chapter 30

Okay ladies and gents, first off, this was actually kind of hard for me to write.  I rewrote it about six times before I came to this, and I'm still not totally satisfied with it.  Also for my less mature audiences, there are some adult things, just a heads up ;)  I'll throw out the same incentive, if I get 120 votes and 50 comments, you'll get an early update withing 24 hours of that happening.  Enjoy my darlings!!! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 30

We’d been hiking about fifteen minutes, when I finally asked the question that had been swirling around in my head.  “Trent, where are we going?”

“We’re nearly there.” Trent promised as he took my hand and helped me up a steep incline.  

“Can I get a hint?”

“Nope.” Trent grinned.  “But I know you’ll love it.”  We kept hiking and then Trent’s hands covered my eyes.  I nearly lost my balance as Trent pulled me against him to steady me.  “Relax,” Trent soothed.  “I want to see your face when you see.”  Trent turned me a little then made sure I had my balance then he removed his hands.  

This was a sight that took my breath away.  It was gorgeous.  Everything was green and lush and it was incredible.  “Oh my . . .”

“Do you like it?”

“It’s beautiful.” I whispered.

“Good,” Trent pulled me against him and kissed me.  Trent pulled the backpack off of his back and pulled out a blanket.  “Make yourself comfortable.” Trent offered as he started unpacking.

“What did you do?”

“Brought my wife a beautiful scenic picnic lunch where it’s just the two of us.  No interruptions.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes, If you’re feeling adventurous, I also brought a good bottle of wine.”

I shrugged.  “I don’t know.”

“I had a feeling, so I also brought you water and sparkling grape juice.”

“You think of everything, don’t you?”

“I try.”  Trent situated himself then held his arms open to me.  “Come here,”

I sat in front of him and leaned against him.  He wrapped his arms around me and started pulling out the food.  “Thank you,” I whispered as I lean against his chest and kissed his cheek.

“You deserve this, you know.” Trent murmured as he pulled the hair tie out of my hair and started playing with my hair.  “You deserve all of this and more.”

“You’re full of it.” 

“No, far from it.”

I leaned my head back against his shoulder and watched the concentration on his face as he carefully pulled the food out, two glasses as well as the bottle of wine.  Suddenly, he seemed to notice I was staring and glanced at me then slowly smiled.  He leaned down and gave me a soft kiss.   

When he pulled away he poured himself a glass of wine and handed it to me.  “Just taste it,” he whispered as he tucked a stray lock behind my ear.  I pursed my lips and stared at him for a long moment before sighing and taking a sip.  

“Oh, that’s, wow, that’s actually pretty good.”

“Thank you.” Trent kissed me again.  “You can enjoy a good wine without getting drunk.” Trent whispered as he licked his lips.  “It compliments a lot of meals and has other health benefits.”  Trent’s hand cupped my cheek and he maneuvered us to give himself a better angle and kissed me.  It was gentle and slow, like he knew he had all the time in the world.  Slowly he lowered us to where I was more or less lying on top of him without breaking the kiss.  Trent’s hands gently caressed my side and I squeaked when he squeezed my butt.