Chapter 42

Dean's POV

"That's great." I exclaimed. Levi had just told me how he finally proposed to Jace. "When am I going to meet this mate of yours? He sounds like a nice person." I said.

"Soon, dad." He said, laughing. "Well, I'm outside Isaac's house so you better come quick with Jace." I said.

Isaac and I go way back, we've been best friends ever since we were little. I had to move away due to my mate being pregnant with Selena at the time and she wanted a change of scenery.

When we moved to New York, she gave birth to Selena just a week later. I was working at the borders when I had a weird gut feeling. I rushed home and saw clothes discarded everywhere. I looked around, confused, and walked up the stairs.

I walked to our bedroom and saw Annie with a guy on top of her. I snarled and  began to beat up the guy. Once I saw his face and body was bruised and bloodied, I sat on the end of the bed with my face buried in my hands. She's always been cheating on me.

Annie tried to pry my fingers away from my face when I recoiled in disgust. "Where are the kids?" I shouted. She sobbed and said shakily, "At Alaiza's house." I stormed out the room and ran to my sisters house.

"What happened?" Alaiza said. "I'm leaving with my kids." I said. "I'm coming with you. I'll grab everyone's clothes." She said. I rejected Annie and burnt all her clothes that day. We drove away to Delaware.

A few months later, I received the news that Annie was pregnant and gave birth to twins called Kyan and Jace.

I knocked on the door to Isaacs house and waited for a while. I dialled his number when no one answered. "Where are you?" I said. "House next door to you, on the left." He said. "You dick, you've been watching me being confused for five minutes." I exclaimed.

He chuckled and said, "I'll see you in a bit." I walked to the house next door and knocked on the door. He answered and bro hugged me.

"How have you been? Where's Annie?" He said, excitedly looking around for my 'mate'. "Annie is not my mate anymore." I said. "What happened?" He said, leading me into the kitchen. A brunette sat on a stool at the small island.

"Kassandra, this is Dean, Dante and Levi's Father." Isaac said. She smiled and waved. "This is my daughter, Kassandra or Kass for short." Isaac said. "Nice to meet you." I said.

"What happened then?" Isaac said. "She cheated on me with a Alpha. She had twins with him called Kyan and Jace, months later." I said.

Kass and Isaac paled and looked at me in disbelief. "What?" I said. "Kyan used to be Kass's mate before he cheated on her. Jace is one of Kass's best friends." Isaac said.

A knock interrupted our conversation. "One second." Isaac said before walking to answer the door. Levi and Dante walked in the kitchen with Isaac, a few seconds later.

"Dad, this is Jace, My Mate/Fiancé." Levi said, he motioned for someone to enter in the kitchen. Jace entered the kitchen and waved shyly. He looked somewhat similar to Annie.

"Is your mothers name Annie by any chance?" I said, curious. "Yeah, how did you know?" Jace said. I clenched my hands into a fist. "Uhh, Kass take Jace outside."Isaac said. She nodded and they walked outside.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Levi said. I let out a deep breath and spoke, "Your mother cheated on me with an Alpha when you were just 3. She had twins with the Alpha called Kyan and Jace. I'm pretty sure you can add up the rest."

"Oh shit." Dante said, "Who's gonna tell Jace?"

"No one needs to." Jace said, emerging from the shadows. He sat down next to Levi and said, "I can assure you sir, I'm nothing like my mother and I'm really sorry what she did to you."

"It's not your fault son. I just overreacted." I said, patting his back, hesitantly. Thanks to my Vampire state, I wanted to rip his throat out.

Levi's POV

I squeezed Jace's hand in reassurance that I was here. He squeezed back harder and said, "Is it alright if I can be by myself, please?" He said, his voice soft. "Sure." Kass said, making everyone leaving the room.

I went up to leave when Jace held my hand, "Stay, please." I obliged and pulled him up. I gave him a hug and stayed even though he was holding on too tight.

He let go and said, "I'm really sorry what my mom did to your dad."

"It's ok." I said, laying my head on his.