Mommy doesn't like my friend

For as long as I can remember, Billy has been my best friend.

Mommy says that Billy isn't real. Sometimes I hear her telling daddy that she doesn't like that I still talked to Billy, which I think is silly because mommy also said it's rude to ignore people.

Billy says he likes my mommy. I'm glad he does. I like mommy too, even if she thinks I'm lying. He doesn't like daddy though. Billy says that daddy doesn't love me enough, not like Billy loves me.

I've tried to introduced mommy to Billy, but he never wants to. He says that he's shy. When he hears mommy coming, he hides. He tells me not to tell mommy where he goes. Sometimes he's in the closet, sometimes he's under the bed, and sometimes he goes through the little door in the ceiling. I think that's where Billy lives.

I don't see Billy all the time. Sometimes he's gone for days, but he always comes back. He tells me that he travels, and that he sees things that I can't. He tells me all about the magical places that he goes, and sometimes he brings me gifts.

Mommy doesn't like my gifts. She always look confused and sad when I show them to her. Mommy asks me where I get them, and I tell her Billy gave them to me.

Mommy really got upset last time I showed her one of my gifts. She made me take my gift and show it to a nice lady. Nice lady scared me though. She smiled at me, but when I talked about Billy, she told me Billy isn't real.

I didn't like nice lady very much. Nice lady kept asking me where I got my gift. I kept telling her that Billy gave it to me. Nice lady told mom she thought we needed better help. I don't understand why they hate my gifts so much. I want them to make everyone else happy like they make me.

Now I have to see nice lady every week. She asks me every time I see her if I still talk to Billy. I tell her that I don't anymore. She asks me if I have anymore gifts to show her. I tell her I don't have anymore. That makes mommy and nice lady happy.

Billy is happy too. Mommy doesn't get upset anymore. I hide my gifts from her. Billy tells me it's for the best. He says that normal people don't understand like we do.

I don't want to make mommy sad. Mommy sometimes mentions how glad she is that I don't believe in Billy anymore. I still think it's weird that she thinks he's fake. I told her that he was the man on the TV.

He was on TV a lot when I first met him. Billy said he was famous. I loved watching all the grown ups talk about him. They believed in Billy, why couldn't mommy?

Billy said he's gonna be really famous again soon, and that when he is, everyone will know I was telling the truth.

I can't wait to prove mommy wrong.