Author's Note

I have to admit: this is always my favourite part of every book I write.

I know not everyone reads the author's note but even so, I love talking to you guys as a person and not just a writer. I love connecting with you guys on such a personal level like this and getting as raw and honest as possible.

So, let's begin.

When I first started writing this story, I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I had so many ideas for book four but I didn't have a stable plot or even an outline. I was so out of sorts and after writing book three—which was so easy and fun to write and it gave me no trouble at all—I felt like a mess going into Asher and Aria's story. Of course I didn't want any of my readers to know this because I felt like such a failure but this is just to tell you that, as a writer, you will always doubt yourself every second of the way. And believe me, I was convinced that book four would be an epic fail—the worst thing I ever wrote.

It's crazy that I considered that now that we're here, right? Because what a journey that was. Now that we've reached the end, I can't believe I thought this would be my worst work. Personally, I think it's my best stuff yet. There was something about Asher and Aria that I felt on an emotional, physical, and chemical level. They were so real. It's like I could reach into the book and touch them. And I think that's because I truly poured my heart and soul into this story. I gave it everything I had, incorporating everything I've learned about life and myself these past few months, and using that to bring my characters alive. I think they're my most real characters yet.

That being said, the past few months for me have been all about growth. I started this book on a self-understanding journey. I even dedicated it to myself. And I stand by that because I really do believe I achieved my goal. I've never felt so sure about myself as a person and do you know what I learned?

I was made to write.

You guys, I'm telling you right now that I made this book my number one priority. I'm a college student in her final year and I have sacrificed so much sleep and time that went into writing this book instead. I would stay up until three or four in the morning writing chapters and then get a maximum of two hours of sleep before commuting to class. I would pull all-nighters doing assignments and using what little time I had left to rest, to write instead. My life has literally revolved around this book for the entire four months I spent writing it and you know what? It felt so fucking good. So fucking right. Because even though not everything in my life has been perfect—we're only human—my identity as an author? I've never been more sure of it. Asher and Aria taught me that I was made to bring them alive and all the characters that come next. I have more projects in the works since I was so inspired by these two and I'm so excited to give you more.

Writing has truly been my saving grace. Life has hit a few snags the past few months, some good and some bad, but through it all I had my writing to hold me down. I'm proud of believing in myself when I thought that I'd do a shit job with this story. It was so out of my comfort zone, you know? The whole plot about Asher's birth parents, and drug cartels, and street gangs and enemies. I don't know shit about that. And after writing book three, which was all sugar sweet and mindless fluff? I was so intimidated by what I planned for this story. But I knew I had to push my boundaries and try or I'd never grow. Maybe this story isn't perfect but it's real and that's all that matters.

It's tough to stay this positive all the time, though. My books have really been picking up lately and while I'm so grateful for all of the reads, the negativity on this app is a headache. People will always believe they know what's best for your story and they'll always question the way you write. Sometimes I wonder if they forget there's a person behind the screen. Just because a story is fiction, doesn't mean the person who's writing it is too. And I know my books have flaws but that's kind of the point because my books are a reflection of who I am and I have flaws too. So it's really hard to believe in yourself when others want to shoot you down. I swear, I've come so close to replying with "fuck off" to so many of the readers on my stories but I tell myself to be the bigger person, LOL. And those of you defend me against the haters? I see you and I love you.

That being said, let's start with the acknowledgments and my favourite people in the world to acknowledge; you guys! I love you all so much. I feel like I've gotten to know so many of you "personally" when you interact with my stories. There have been so many times where I'm writing a chapter and think "this reader would love this line" or "this reader will probably laugh at this." No lies, I'm always thinking about you guys! Thank you for believing in me and making me feel successful in what I love to do. You guys have literally made my dreams come true.

Thank you to all my friends on this platform and in real life who support my writing always. Thank you to my best friend. Thank you to the man who I'll always love even though we are not meant to be, and thank you for coming back into my life when I needed you most because you somehow always know. Thank you to the friends I've reconnected with after spending time apart and growing as individuals, learning to be close once again. Thank you for my school colleagues who are always supporting my dreams and literally always helping me with assignments when I slack because I'm too busy writing. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you to my love itsmyaah for the incredible covers you make that no doubt pull all the readers in!

And thank you to me, because nobody got you like you got you!

We're finally heading up on Wolfe's story and I'm so excited for it! I love how it's looking based on the plot I wrote and I hope I can meet your expectations (because boy there are a lot for our Wolfe)! I'm so nervous but I trust that I'll write a book I'm proud of regardless of how it's perceived by others! I'm ready, people!

Wow, have we really reached the LAST book in the Fighter's Den series? Insane! Those who have been with me since day one, thank you and I can't wait to end this journey with all of you by my side!

— Amber Isabelle