Chapter 43 - 4 days...

Once I was left alone in my room, I heard a snarky comment from Phantom

So now you are renting out your kitchen, to a girl whom you barely know!

Well, its not like I had much of a choice, besides I think I'll find her a kitchen to use instead of my common room anyway soon enough, this is only a temporary thing after all.

True, so what are planing on doing now?

Well, the first trial is in four days so I plan on going off to train a bit after classes today.

Good idea.  Do you know what the trials are used for?

Of course I do!  The trials are used to determine... they are used to determine...  I don't know!   How could I agree to participate in a series of trials without knowing what the trials are for?!?

Because Clockwork asked you to.

Fair, but still!  This is so unlike me!  Could you tell me more about the trials and what they are for?

I can only tell you a tiny bit as you are only supposed so know so much at this time.

 Why is there a limit on my knowledge?  

Because if you know more than what I am about to give you... I am not sure what will happen (insert silent chuckle)

Ok, so spill.

Well the trials as you already know is to help your soul determine which part of it should be more dominate when it fuses together at the end of the trials.  As the trials come along at the end of each trial a part of the soul is returned to the victor in object form or as pure energy.  In all honesty you have already competed in the first trial and are about to face the second trial.

So what was the first trial?

Beating Pariah Dark.

But I thought that he was evil and that he broke free because of the fruit-loop (Vlad Masters) had freed him?

The act of freeing him in all honesty was the act of starting the trials.

But if that was the start of the trials then what is the second trial only happening now?

Because the first trial was meant to be the hardest, but seeing as you no longer have the equipment that you used to have... the trials are going to be really hard for you.  As the first trial is used as a gauge for how much a part of the soul can handle and it read your soul level as 100x what it was at that time.  This time was also supposed to be used to prepare for the next trial and recover from the first one.  

Could you tell me more about how the trials are formatted?

Well when a trial starts both you and all your soul parts + any people necessary for the trial to run are summoned into different dimensions, and each person undergoing the trial are faced with the same trial, but at different levels of difficulty.  In each dimension the only being that is really there is you.  All the other people that appear there are created in the dimension, but control by real being in the control dimension.  The time that passes in the trial can take as little as a few days to as long as a few years/eons, but time will not really pass in the dimention you are currently living in.  For each day that you are in the trial, one second will pass in that dimension.

So will the people involved ever really be in danger, other than me?

Yes, they could be injured or killed in the trial if you don't save them in the trial.

So lives are in danger?

That is all I can share with you at this moment.  Now I do believe that you are late to Transfiguration, and you know how much of a worrywart she is for you.

 Fair enough.  Just let me put on my cloak first.

OK.  Good luck today, Danny. You'll need it.

AN:

So what do you think about the new chapter?

What other information do you think that Phantom is hiding from our lovely little 'ghost' boy?

Do you want more?

Comment, vote, and read more!