Date from Hell- Aim to Engage 2019: Paranormal Prompt - Dating Monsters

It was supposed to be a joke. Just a harmless little experiment to add some color to the gray palette of my life. Merely a new way to bring some excitement to my dull life.

Unfortunately, nothing went as planned.

I am not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to enter my name to the dating website I ran, a supernatural dating site at that. It didn't even occur to me that something might go wrong.

I should have known that the little joke would come back to haunt my mortal self, literally.

Moments after adding my profile to the website, I heard a ping. I was already matched with someone.

I was excited, albeit slightly nervous about my match.

Before looking at the phone, I played a little guessing game with myself, as I often do, trying to figure out who my perfect match could be.

Was it a handsome vampire or a hot werewolf? Which of the supernatural creatures inhabiting the parallel world that only the rare few could see would I have the pleasure of matching up with?

Trembling in anticipation, I reached for my phone, realizing that I couldn't take it anymore, I needed to know.

With a huge smile on my face, I checked the phone.

My smile slowly died off, disappeared without a trace, when I saw who I was matched with.

"That's impossible," I whispered.

"Nothing is impossible, my dear." A raspy voice said.

Before my mind could catch up with the terrifying voice coming out of nowhere, a red hand with long claws came out of my phone and grabbed me.

I wanted to scream, but the hand's counterpart came out and clamped itself over my mouth, making it impossible to make even the smallest of sounds.

"True love knows no bounds. It finds a way to survive.

You are my perfect match. This is the only way for us to be together." The voice said.

Soon enough, the hands started pulling me into the phone, inch by painful inch.

Knowing where I would end up, I struggled as much as I could. But my strength was nothing in comparison to his.

Although I didn't want to go, I knew that there was nothing I could do about it. I meddled with the forces much bigger than myself, and I had to pay the price.

That was how I ended up in Hell, which is no wonder since my match was the Ruler of the Underworld.

That was how I became lost to the land of the living.

No mortal could have escaped his clutches, but I can't help but wonder why me? What does it say about me that my perfect match was him?

If you are reading this, there is only one thing I need you to do.

HELP ME! PLEASE! SAVE ME!