Unexpected Encounter-Paranormal Prompts (slightly longer version)

Joy ran through the forest, unable to see where she was going since mist enveloped the evergreen forest. The same forest that she knew so well, that has been her escape from the hardships of life as long as she could remember.

Whenever things at home became unbearable, she would embrace the soothing shade of the forest, but this time it was different. The usual peace and calm didn't envelop her.

It was difficult to tell what the reason for that was, especially having in mind that she was suppressing the inevitable tears. Her moods rarely suited her name and this time it was even worse. There was something amiss with her haven, something different.

As she ran out on to the familiar clearing, Joy was finally able to see, but what she saw made her wish for the blindness.

There was an enormous entity hovering in the air. It evoked the memory of the ink her psychiatrist asked her to look at, to check her mental state, although Joy knew there was nothing wrong with her. Everyone would have been sad if they lived in constant fear.

The thing hovering in the air was shifting towards her, which terrified her. She might have been suffering in her daily life, but she wasn't ready to die. Yet, fear kept her rooted in place.

Instead of assaulting her, the entity started slowly approaching the way one would approach a startled animal. That was when she could finally feel it.

The entity wished her no harm. It was just lonely. Perhaps it was as lonely as she was.

Gradually, she extended her hand and once the black ink-like substance touched her palm, her suspicion was confirmed. It was merely looking for a friend. It was frightened.

After all, who wouldn't be frightened, if they found themselves on an unfamiliar planet surrounded by spooky mist.

That was how a friendship of two kindred souls was born that went beyond species or planet, and that was forged in the depths of their very being.

Joy learned a valuable lesson that although sometimes one might be frightened, they shouldn't make any hasty assumptions. Life can be full of surprises.