Detective Rogan

The dark clouds gathered lower than usual as detective Rogan reached the crime scene in his steam-powered car, which in itself was quite an oddity. The weather was dreary even for the eternally dark planet that Earth had become.

The rain didn't bother him as he put on his favorite titanium goggles and adjusted the smaller oculi in front of the bigger one. He noted with trepidation that the traces of the green powder were there once again, as expected.

However, not even his highly efficient glasses nor any shrewdness he possessed had managed to tell him what he needed to know. When would the Time Killer strike again?

The time on the pocket watch he left behind pointed at twelve. Yet, that didn't give Rogan any clue as to who the next target might be. He knew when another victim would fall but had no idea who the culprit might be.

Not only was the planet in dire need of reparation, but its citizens have been suffering an increased number of mental issues. Who wouldn't be in a world where people were barely getting by on the scraps left behind by the society that managed to destroy itself?

Nevertheless, Rogan was not about to lose hope. As long as he had his beloved titanium glasses and his detective badge, he knew that he could do something to make the hopeless world they lived in a bit brighter.