Chapter eight

Chapter eight

This week passed by really quickly. My dad is back home but, he needs to be taken care off. The cops did find the person who crashed my dad. Turns out that he was drunk. Although dad wished to press the charges, my mom didn't allow him to because she suffered because of the drunk idiot. I don't know why she suffered. She kept herself busy all the time. Selena's mother cooked food for my dad and Selena brought it in the hospital. The worst part is, I didn't even thank her mother yet.

I'm planning to bake some cupcakes and visit Selena's to thank her. I did attend school on Wednesday and Friday but it was impossible to concentrate with my dad alone in the hospital. No one was there for him apart from me.

Caleb visited my dad twice but we didn't talk since I was at home to take a bath. Maybe he purposefully chose that time so that he won't have to face me as I ask many questions. Wes, Charles, and Ellie visited, too. They provided me with all the notes and the projects that are to be completed in a week. I'm grateful for Ellie because it was a group project and she did it for both of us.

I've planned to help her out in calculus since she sucks at it. She started jumping when I said that I'll help her out. A guy named Tim was tutoring her but, he kept on scolding if she even did a cancellation.

I'm with my dad in his room. Due to God's grace, mom is cooking food for us after so long. She's a terrible cook but, I can't ask Selena to get food every single day. Dad opens his eyes and he looks at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry, daughter," he says in a shallow voice. "I threatened you and see, karma hit me. I got what I deserved."

"You don't have to apologise, dad. You're suffering so much because of my mistake but please tell me you won't surrender my mom to Reggie," I legitimately beg him. He lets out a deep breath.

"I need to tell you something. The thing is that..umm.. Rebecca is-" before he could complete his sentence, the door is barged open by my mom.

"Dinner is ready. You want to have it right now or after some time?" She asks dad and he answers in a groggy manner saying that he'll like to have it now. Mom orders me to help her serve him and bring the food plate upstairs to his room. I nod and quickly follow her.

The doorbell rings and my mom says she'll open the door while I could go feed my dad. She rushes to the door. Wait, what if it is Caleb or any of my friends? She'd be furious if she finds him home. I rush to the living room and my eyes widen as I see my mom kissing a man. They pull apart and she throws her arms around him. Wait, is it....is he...Larry?

I run into the kitchen before they could realise that they've been caught. This is stupid. My mom is screwing up with dad's friend? He is the man who made her feel good. Ugh, shit. This is worse than I thought. My dad is sick on his bed and she doesn't even care to invite a man over. I hear the door close and she enters the kitchen. Her cheeks are a deep shade of red.

"Larry? Seriously, mom? Out of all the people out there, you had to choose dad's friends?"

She doesn't even look at me and begins serving her plate. "Larry is alone. He needs me and I need him."

"For, what? For physical pleasures? Have some shame mom. You're married and even have a daughter, still last night you claimed that he took your virginity!" I try to give her a piece of mind.

"You don't need to tell me what I should do! Your dad doesn't even have good stamina in bed. Larry is fucking better than him. Apart from that, I don't think it will piss him off as he already has an affair."

"Mind your tongue, mom! You are allowed to hate him but not doubt his character. He is not like you. He is not you. He is not a dilf!" I yell at her. She laughs at me.

"You silly girl. Don't you know, he's with Selena's mother, Danielle. Otherwise, why would she cook for him?"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "They don't even know each other!"

"She is his assistant, Amber Night! And even his escort. So don't yell at me if I find his friend to have sex with!" She walks away and I am left shattered. Is that true? My life is so messed up.

I am alone, trying to secure my secrets while my mom is busy having fun with dad's friend and my dad is with his assistant who also happens to be my friend's mother. I quietly walk to my dad's room, place his food plate on the nightstand and walk away in spite of him telling me that he needs to talk. I need some fresh air.

I open the door only to find Caleb who was about to ring the doorbell. Without caring about anything, I throw my arms around him. He is taken aback but eventually hugs me back tightly like I am his whole world and he is mine. I sob till my tears don't stop and we end up in the backyard of my house.

He is sitting beside me on the ground with both of us cross-legged. He places his warm hand on my bare thigh as I am wearing a skirt.

"I'm sorry for walking away when you needed someone. I can be a real ass sometimes," he says and looks at me. I offer him a small smile.

"Sometimes?" I ask, referring to the first day when we met. He scolded at me, warned me, and even shoved me away but look at us now. He is comforting me and the most astonishing thing is, I never felt like home in someone else's arms.

(What do y'all think?)