Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen:

Another day is rolled in and I reluctantly yank myself out of my bed. Well, I'm not a morning person. Once I'm done with high school and college, I'm going to look for jobs that offer night shifts.

After taking a bath and finishing the daily morning routine, I go to check on dad who is snoring loudly. I scrunch up my nose and walk to the kitchen to brew some coffee. My mom is busy texting someone on the phone. Seems like she didn't even notice my presence.

"Good morning, mom," I say, trying to gain her attention. She glances at me once and mutters a timid good morning while texting again.

"Who is it?" I ask nonchalantly while stirring some powdered sugar. I like my coffee a little too sweet sometimes. It really makes my day.

"None of your business," she says gravely and huffs when she receives another text.

"Oh, wow, no cursing me today morning?" Sarcasm is filled in my voice. She gives me a pointed look and rolls her eyes before glueing them back to her phone.

"I have no time for your crap, Sl..ugh...Amber. Better leave before I keep you grounded," she says in passive-aggressive voice, but I couldn't care less. I remain silent. The doorbell rings and my mom runs to open it while I stay there sipping my coffee.

Curiosity gets the best of me when her phone beeps with another text. Cautiously, I peer into her phone to see what her text message is. My eyes pop out when I read the text. I back away from it promptly. I am too petrified to confront her.

I clench my bag from the kitchen counter and run toward my school from the back door so that I won't have to face my mother. My phone beeps notifying me that I have received a text. To distract myself, I check the text which is from Caleb. My heart flutters.

Caleb: Can we meet at Kennedy's Café at six in the evening?

Me: umm..alright:) How are you, by the way? Are you sure you'll be able to make it?

I walk toward my school since I don't have a car and I can't wait for the bus either or else I would be late.

Caleb: Yeah, I'm fine.

Me: see you then!

I stuff my phone in my back pocket of my ripped jeans when I realize that I have reached my destination. My eyes catch Wes talking to Selena. Isn't it happening too fast? I need to talk to Selena. She didn't even care to talk to me. Why?

I decide not to intervene them so I change my way and see Ellie talking to Charles and I don't wish to interfere them either. Wow, I'm officially feeling left out. But, um, that's okay. I'm alone but not lonely.

I stroll toward my locker and stuff my phone in it since my first lecture is French and Mr. Bernard hates it when students bring a phone in his lecture. I faintly remember him giving detention to a studious boy because he got a phone in his lecture.

"Young generation is so much into this piece of trash. Detention for you, insensé!"

The look on that guy's face was precious. I assume he has been been given detention before.

I shut my locker and turn around to suddenly bump into someone. Oh, well, my bad, that someone is none other than Cherry. Ugh. Today is going to be a long day.

"Watch where you are going, bitch," she grimaces and I roll my eyes. I'm in no mood to talk to her so I just turn left and begin to walk in the direction of my classroom.

"I'm talking to you, slut," she yells but I pay no attention. I am not a slut so, I'm not going to give her any reaction. I could hear someone chuckle when I didn't give a damn about her. She needs attention which she is not going to get. Not from me, at least.