29. Confessions

Waking up in the hospital it was a week since the day I was first brought in. Sighing while my hand pushed my red bangs from my face, I opened my eyes and groaned. Last thing I expected was to be met with such an annoying sight.

Groaning in displeasure, quickly I squeeze my eyes shut. "I pray by the time I open my eyes, that you will be long gone." The words left my lips in a low mumble.

Then I heard it, that annoying little giggle. The one that only irritates me more than anything else, I have ever heard. "You are just as cute as ever Hika-chan."

"Seriously!" My eyes opened and I stare into her green ones. "What the fuck are you even doing here Akira?"

Her smile faded for a moment, I inwardly cursed at myself. Did I take my harshness to far with the younger girl? "Well I heard you were in the hospital, and I..." Watching her closely, she let her head hang forward. Her shoulders slumped as she took a breath, I have never seen her like this before. "I was hoping to run into Ryuu-nii."

"Wait, what?" Staring at her blankly I was confused. I mean, why didn't she just wait for him at home or some shit?

"His is he Hika?" She looked up to me. Her usual alive and bright green eyes, only displayed sadness.

"Why the hell are you asking me?" Blinking confused I scratched at my neck. "I mean, you are his sister. You are the one who lives with him." Muttering I was growing even more annoyed.

"He never told you yet then..." Her whisper was soft and to herself, but did I ever pick it up.

I sat up more, locking my gaze with hers. "Tell me what?" I asked quickly in concern.

"Oh." She nervously looked down, fiddling with her fingers. "I really shouldn't be the one to say. Especially with how I blurted out about you two dating, before mom and dad."

"Honestly I could care less about that happening. What is wrong with Ryuu?" When she remained silent I grew even more irritated. "Damn it Akira, pleased tell me."

"Well you see, a little bit ago Ryuu got in a huge fight with mom and dad." She whispered, her gaze still on her hands.

"What's new?" Rolling my eyes I sighed. " What happened?"

"The day he came home, the day before your uhh.." Her voice trailed off.

"Before my suicidal attempt." I finished the words for her, that I saw she couldn't say.

"Well." Nodding silently I watched her.

Reaching out I took one of her hands in mine, giving it a soft squeeze. "Akira please, what happened to Ryuu?" Here I was, now begging her to tell me the truth.

Nodding, she quietly continued. "When he came home. Dad started yelling at him. The whole, he was supposed to come straight home after practice speech." She looked to me sadly. "When Ryuu-nii said he was at your place. Dad got really mad, he was yelling how he wasn't allowed to see you ever again." She fell silent as I waited for her patiently. Taking a deep breath she continued. "I overheard from my bedroom door, it sounded like dad hit him. How he was trying to push the arranged marriage to Yumi again, Ryuu fully refused though."

"He hit his own son?" I whispered pissed off. How I wanted to leave the hospital and go kick his father in the shins. Suddenly a worry hit me, what was she leading up to. "So why don't you know how your brother is?"

"Well.."

She stalled again and I growled out in frustration, snapping at her. "Damn it Akira! Just tell me!"

"Dad said he had a choice. Break up and leave you, or to leave the house."

Staring blankly at Ryuuzaki's little sister, I didn't know what to say. "W-what?" I asked out completely stunned. I did hear her correct, right?