Chapter 6: Older brother

Five years later

Five years have passed and I was doing wonderful. I had managed to live a pretty good life. Theodore and I had grown closer, and he became my first best friend. I had continued my studies with Mr. March, and I was doing excellent in his lessons.

In the real game, Mr. March already quit as my tutor, and I would have been on my 12th one by now. So it means that I can actually change my fate, and hopefully live longer than 15.

I was in one of his lessons right now, and I was day dreaming while he was droning on about math. Then one of my father's personal servants came into the room. He told me " Your parents wishes to see you. Follow me."

I gasped. My parents never wanted to see me. They could not stand each other, and stayed away from each other as much as possible. I never saw them, unless when we pass each other in the halls. It was like I didn't exist to them. I was scared of what this could mean, but I followed the servant anyway.

We walked into my father's study, and standing between my parents was a boy. He looked to be 11 years old, and had pale skin, blonde hair, and deep blue eyes. He had a blank look on his face. On the side of his face was a burn scar. It was large and red, but it would fade slightly with time. 

"Ahem, Maria." Father said.

"Oh um, yes father."

"This is Blake Frost. He was a son of the Frost family, but their manor has burned down. So we have adopted him to inherit his land. He is your big brother, understand." He said with a glare.

I nodded my head slowly. I may have looked calm on the outside, but on the inside I was panicking. I should have expected it, but still, I don't know what to do. Blake was always cold and silent in the game, and he hated his new family. The old Maria might have been mean to him, but I wouldn't. I just need to make him happy and not cause any problems. And hopefully, I'll live.