Chapter 34: Help from an Unexpected Person

I woke up, and immediately ran to the pitcher of water on my vanity. I took big gulps of it, and splashed water on my face.

Once I was done, I realized I was crying. "Arthur, why did you do that to me?" I thought. I knew he was still a love target, and that there was always a possibility of killing me.

But still, it hurt knowing what he did to me. It literally hurt so much, dying from fire might be up there as the worst way to die, next to drowning.

I didn't want to die again, so I needed a way to get past this. I could always not go to the secret tunnels with him, but that would only garneted me one day. I need to find a way for Arthur to never want to kill me again.

But first, I looked at the clock. "I still have time to give Theodore some cakes. I'll do that first, and hopefully think of a plan."

A while later

  I walked back into the library, and marched down the halls to Mason's room. If I wanted to talk Arthur out of killing, I should go to the one that did just that.

I knocked on his door once, then again when he didn't answer. I heard moving inside, and Mason finally opened the door, yawning a bit. "Maria?" he asked.

 I knew it was early in the morning, but it was odd seeing Mason so unkept, Though I had to admit, his bedhead was cute.

"Mason." I said regaining my composure. "I need you tell me everything you know about the Miller's, and wither or not I can use that information to save Arthur from his parents."

He blinked a couple of time, unsure of what he just heard. "Well, Lady Maria." he started. "I'd love to help, but I would need some tea first, mind getting us a maid?"

I left to get him some tea, which didn't take long. But it was long enough for Mason to get changed into his normal outfit.

"Should I have changed outfits too." I thought as I took a long sip of tea, mimicking Mason. 

"So Lady Maria," he said. "You want me to tell you all the secrets of my former implorers to save  . . . Arthur?"

 I nodded, stuffing a croissant into my mouth.

He sighed.  "Well Maria, I can try. But I'm afraid that since Arthur had lived with them his whole life, it would be harder to make him stop doing his parents doing."

He took a sip of tea before saying. "And why do you want to save him? How do you even know that he's following his parents orders?"

I gulped. I couldn't tell him the truth for various reasons. What could I say to convince him?

"I, I had a permeation in a dream. I just think that Arthur will be in a lot of trouble soon, and you're the only one who can help me." I said looking down at my tea cup.

"Plus, your also the one who intended to kill me, but still stopped." I thought.

Mason didn't say anything for a moment, and neither did I. 

He let out a long sigh, before placing down his tea cup with a clink. "I'm still not sure why you keeping lying to me, but fine. I will help you save Arthur."

I looked up to him, and smiled. "Thank you, you don't know how much this means to me."

He snorted. "You're not going to be so glad once I get into all the details of the Miller's depravity."

"So should we start on their genetic experiments or their secret sex ring?"