5.

July 28th, 1976

July 28th, 1976. 2:54pm. Eric Forman's basement.

"Steven! To the back with me, now!"  yelled June after storming into the basement, everyone clueless.

She was obviously frustrated, and it didn't help when Kelso & Hyde started laughing, both enjoying strawberry popsicles, looking straight at the brunette. The rest of the gang just looked at her - unsure of why exactly she would need Hyde "in the back".

She crossed her arms and yelped. "What are you laughing at, idiots?"

Kelso pointed at June with the icy snack & didn't even try containing his amusement. "Heh, you"

June shook her head & looked at the two boys.

"I'm nothing like Jackie, my ass." laughed out Hyde.

"Heh yeah, except, Jackie says Michael." added Kelso.

June sighed heavily & without thinking marched to the couch from behind & grabbed a chunk of Hyde's curly hair, forcing him to climb over the edge & pulled him across the basement to the spare room in the back. Hyde had to scrunch down to June's shortness & he didn't dare to resist her.
She had been thinking about their little secret from the drive-in the last couple of days ever since it happened. She did like Hyde, but she didn't want to admit it & she definitely didn't want anyone to know. She didn't want to harm her pride, Hyde was definitely not a guy she would want to be seen with.

"Man, Junie, could have let me finished laughing." laughed Hyde one last time, wiping away tears from his eyes, his fingers under his shades.

"Don't Junie me, Steven. We need to talk." said in all seriousness June.

"What about, doll?" chuckled Hyde, sticking the popsicle in his mouth & set to listen what she had to say.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring the doll nickname & went off. "What happened at the drive-in, that was a one time thing."

"Sure." he mumbled.

"It's not happening again."

"Mhhm."

"and you aren't telling anyone!" she specified.

"Okay." he lazily said.

"Do I make myself clear, Steven?" she asked, with the same irritated tone.

"Want to lick my popsicle?" Hyde teased her, making the double meaning obvious.

"Ugh." she grunted with disgust & left the room.