12.

September 15th, 5:20pm

September 15th, 5:20pm. Eric Forman's basement.

"So. Who are you guys taking to the prom next Saturday?" Jackie sat up cautiously.

"Oh, I'm taking Pam Macy." nodded Kelso with a lousy smile.

The gang sighed & Jackie blew up. "Michael!"

"I meant Jackie! I'm taking Jackie. Obviously I'm taking Jackie, sheesh." Kelso defended himself.

Jackie rolled her eyes & looked at June "And who are you going with?...Oh my god, tell me you're going with Tommy Thompson." she asked her older sister excitedly.

June tensed up & sat straight "You know that totally hot shoulder length hair athlete with the dimples? But you know, not him...the other guy. Him I'm going with." she crossed her legs and arms, proud of herself for coming up with something so believable so quick.

"Who are you taking, Steven?" June narrowed her eyes at Hyde, who was reading newspapers in his chair, caring less & less about his surroundings.

"I'm not going to this high school crap." he mumbled, not even looking up.

"What about you, Fez? Who's the lucky girl?"  Donna asked him, curious about who he's going with.

"You don't know her. This is none of your business, lady." Fez stormed, visibly sweating. "Now good day, I say."  he added, getting up his chair & running up the stairs.

"Why does he always do that? He's like a woman." mentioned June, sitting back on the couch.

"He is a woman." said Hyde.

"I'll go check on him." sighed Donna, getting up, also going upstairs.

After a few seconds, Eric joined the conversation. "Oh god, I forgot my M&Ms on the kitchen counter." he aimed for the stairs. "I'll be right back." and with that, he ran up them quickly before Fez could devour his candy.

With almost everyone out of the basement, Jackie sat on Kelso & looked at June and Hyde. "Wanna scram too?" she asked the two, hoping they'd get up & leave.

"No." Hyde & June said in unision.

"Let's go, Michael." Jackie said, grabbing Kelso's ear & pulling him out of the basement to make out someplace else.

Hyde lowered his newspapers & arched his eyebrow at June. She looked back at him & he put the stash of newspapers on the round table, throwing himself on the couch next to her, he grabbed her face & pulled her closer to him, initiating a kiss. She kissed him back once but then started hesitating, moving her face the other way.

"What's wrong, doll?" he asked, hands on her naturally red cheeks.

She looked back at him with puppy eyes & put her tiny hands on his, making Hyde realize what she was implying. He withdrew his hands & sat back, crossing his arms.

"There is no 'other guy', is there?" he asked in a serious tone.

"...No." she whimpered, crashing her head into his lap & getting a hold of his hands.

"Why is there no other guy, June?" he asked again, still serious.

"There was 15 other guys..but I rejected them all." she sobbed into his denim jacket.

"And why did you reject them?"

"Steven.." she said in a sad voice, not lifting her head up.

Hyde heavily sighed, but gave in. "Do you want to go to the prom?!"

June finally sat up & wiped the forced tears away. "I'd love to." she smiled, kissing Hyde's sideburn, ignoring his straight face.

7:32pm, Eric Forman's basement.

"Mom's gone crazy. She forced me into my prom clothes & insisted I wore them at dinner. She just...stared at me the entire time." scoffed Eric as he hopped down the stairs, back from dinner.

"You do look handsome in them, Eric." smiled Fez.

"Super handsome!" shouted Kelso.

Eric & Hyde looked at the two in disgust, but shook it off. "Man, lucky for me, Edna doesn't care, but Donna wasn't happy when I told her I'd come naked." Hyde scoffed.

"I thought you weren't going to this high school crap, Hyde?" asked a suspicious Eric, crossing his arms.

"I'm going to break in coach Ferguson's office without drawing attention. It's perfect. I really want my limited editon super ball back, man. Oh, and I might put pins on his chair." Hyde chuckled.

Eric raised his eyebrow. "Who are you taking?"

"Yes, Hyde, who is the unlucky girl?" asked Fez, equally suspicious.

"June & Jackie's friend. You know, the ginger one, but the other one." Hyde said in complete chill.

"Ohh." Fez hummed & sat himself closer to Hyde. "You are going to do it, yes?" Fez asked, nudging Hyde's shoulder playfully.

Hyde hit Fez's shoulder hard but  shortly came to a realization & smiled. "Yeah Fez, we are going to do it."

Rubbing his shoulder, Fez laughed. "I hope I do it."

"I'm sure you will, Fez." nodded Eric with a fake smile.

"Me & Jackie are definitely doing it." said Kelso, rocking back and fourth on the couch.

The guys lit up & completely forgot about prom, talking about boobs or something above a sober person's mind, for the rest of the hazy September night.

•••

This is another shorter filler chapter - I'll write a prom inspired one next AND I CAN'T WAIT. (bruh are u in for a surprise), hope you're liking June so far! till next time fam 🥰
❗️❤️ I've also started a new Steven Hyde x OC story! Check it out through my profile ❤️❗️