17.

October 15th, 1976. 8:21pm. Not someplace fancy. Point Place.

"What'd you tell your dad?" asked Hyde as he sat on the hood of his El Camino next to June.

"He thinks I'm at Donna's." she replied with a devious smile.

"Ah, classic. You're turning bad, June Burkhart." Hyde nudged the girl, putting his arm around her.

"And I owe it to none other than you, Steven Hyde." she chuckled, resting her head in the crook of his neck. "It's strange being out...on a date, with you."

"Wanna do it in the El Camino? Make it less weird." offered Hyde seemingly joking, with a bit of honesty.

"No." she whimpered. "I like this." she said, slipping her arms around his waist, under the green corduroy jacket he was wearing.

"I'm afraid to say I'm liking it too, man." he told her, rubbing her back. "You're cold, aren't you?"

"A bit."

"Here." he said, taking his jacket off, helping her put it on. "Damn, princess, you're always cold. It's like the camping all over again. You gotta dress more. Then again, whores tend to wear less."

"Smooth." she laughed.

"Ain't I always?" he kissed her head, rubbing her shoulder. She smiled & rested her head on him comfortably.

"You know, June." he said, oughting to continue. "Forman said you liked me."

"Ofcourse I like you, Steven."

"No, I mean, like-like me." he specified.

"Wait, Forman?" she looked up at him.

"Yeah man, dumbass accidentally blew a promise he made Donna & told me." he laughed.

June sat up & felt her heart drop. She was more dissapointed Donna couldn't keep a secret rather than the fact Hyde knew.

"Look, Steven." she said quietly. "I know you don't feel that way, and if you don't mind, just drop it. I'm comfortable doing whatever it is we're doing."

Hyde sighed. "You keep telling me to shut up, but you should too, sometimes. You know that?" he told her.

June bit her lip & looked down at his boots, speechless. "Just shut up and kiss me, yeah?" Hyde said, lifting her chin up & leading her lips to his. She put her hand on his cheek & kissed him back. This moment didn't feel like just a fling, to either of them.

 This moment didn't feel like just a fling, to either of them

"See, I felt something there, Burkhart." he smiled, pulling away.

"In your pants?"

"That too, and I can't believe I'm asking the most spoiled & rich girl of Point Place...but do you wanna go steady with me?" he laughed.

"Yeah, you poor orphan boy." she chuckled.

He was cold, but he didn't care, as long as she was warm. Holding her tight, they laid down on the hood & watched the night sky until it was too freezing to stay out. They did it in the El Camino & after Hyde had sneaked June into his basement room, they called it a rather successful night.

•••

Sooo this is just another filler chapter, I really wanted them to fuckin finally be together SO HERE YOU GO. gn luvs 🥺
❗️❤️ I've also started a new Steven Hyde x OC story! Check it out through my profile ❤️❗️