Soldier's Cook

"Princess, you are in a good mood after talking to that handsome Soldier who asks to talk to you in the garden. Normally it is impolite to asks the princess by a soldier but since you gave him permission we didn't say anything. Are you maybe, in love princess?"

"Jane, are you crazy? The princess is only 8 years old!" Yolly angrily shouted.

"Uh..Sorry head maid."

"Now,now. I am not in love, Jane. Michael is my business partner. And he gave a very good way in earning profit. That is why I am making bread dough right now."

"Princess, are you going yo sell him your sandwich? Did you...finally ask extravagant amount for a sandwich?" Caramel asks whispering.

"I like money but I am not that greedy, Caramel. I ask the same amount. 6 coppers each."

"Oh. But if you want big profit. Isn't it tiring to sell one sandwich and prepare another one if someone else buys it?"
Jane.

"And that is time consuming. It feels like you are wasting your personally bought firewood and ingredients, princess."
Yolly.
Princess Emerald never use the money of South Palace. All her expenses are bought through her own monthly allowances.
Princess Emerald keep track of her own expenses and all her receipt are well kept hidden in her box. It is separated by months and years. This made all the maids around her to know how patient and neat she was. They always try to live by her examples.

"Today, we talk about sandwich. I told him I will only sell some with the minimum purchase of 20 servings of sandwiches. Cause he only want one. He felt troubled so I offered him a way. To asked his co workers to buy the sandwich in a price of7 coppers each. One copper higher than my offer. With that in thought, after he collects all the money. He can eat for free and still pocket the remaining money to himself."

"Oh. That also works. But isn't it likehe lied?"

"No. Cause the one who work to convince other people is him. And he will also be troubled to collect the money. His hardwork shall be rewarded. Isn't it just fair that he ask for compensation?"

"True. I think so too. And one copper more is not a huge amount for soldiers." The maids agreed

"I also think that Michael is a very honest guy for his own good. So I told him that if he is really troubled. He should explain that I originally ask him 6 coppers each but for his labor he will ask 7 coppers. Therr, he won't have any sort of disturbing guilt."

"That is better. He should explain that part so he doesn't have to feel he wronged them."
Yolly agreed.

"Actually, you guys are just too honest. It is not even wrong to increase the amount of your product. Merchants do that to their items. So why is it wrong if a soldier do the same?"

"It is just because." The maids laugh looking at the pouting princess.

---

"Hey, Michael, where is our sandwiches? Did your 'Princess' disappear and run with our money?" A guy tease Michael who is very excited and always looking at one place.

"Oh, please..If she wants to cheat you she would ask more money at least." Michael angrily pouts. "What is 130 something copper. It is your daily wage anyways."

The soldiers laughs and rub the sourly face guy.
"Don't be upset. He is just teasing you."

"Princess is really looking forward to it too. She won't lie." Michael said and looks away.

The soldiers wryly smile at him.

"Michael!" A small girl carrying a huge basket appeared.

"Princess! Let me carry that." Michael runs to her.