Manage

Princess wakes up in a comfy white bed.

"Daym~~ What happened?" Blinks.
She look at her left hand covered in gauze.

"Ah! Oh yeah.. That happened." She went out of the bed and walks to the door.

'Surprisingly, I can't feel too much pain. Guess they put something expensive on my hand. They.....won't ask me to pay them, right?"

Tak.
Tak.
Tak.

"Princess!" Baron raised his head and look at the princess with adorned gaze.

"Ah..." She doesn't understand the baron, to be honest.

"Princess," Count looks at her with a stash of paper in his hand.

"How long did I pass out?" She asks.

"3 hours, princess." Baron answred. "Are you alright now?"

"Well....Yeah. Thanks. How is the villagers?"

The baron tears up again.
'She just wakes up from bleeding too much and still thinks of the citizen. She is so selfless.'

"I made some preparations but we still doesn't reach a favorable agreement of who is going to take responsibility over the issue." The Count said looking at the Baron.

The Baron puffs his chest.
"You said that it won't bring disaster to my territory so I allowed it but look what happened!"

"You and your territory are the one who are using the dam. You and your people are the one who should maintain it!" The Count sighs.

"This is not about the maintenance! I properly doing it and checking it but that dam still broke and instead of helped, ruined my territory. What would happen to the farmer? The seed and the crops are all ruined!"

"This is not my fault. The season made the water level...."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Fighting.

The two are doing it from the beginning making the help delayed.
Of course they are responsible leaders. Of course they are not corrupt or selfish.

But they are just irritatingly.....stubborn!

"Both of you are at fault. Just make a report that both of you are the one at fault. Since it is true."

"Princess, you don't---"
Count's trying to tell Princess Emerald to listen first but she was cut off.

"You are kind and generous, Count. Baron knows that well. Count made a construction for q dam to help the Baron's territory that always having a problem with their water supply. Baron was pleased and knows that the dam will benefitted him the most. With that. The issue is about when it broke. First, Count, we appreciate your effort and kindness but as an official you still have to be reaponsible at your own idea and program. The intention to help is not the issue. Since you are the head of the project, you will still held responsible in a way."

Count nods.
"You have a point."
He sighs.

Baron smirks.

"I told you that it is your fau---"

"Baron, you should be the one taking the blame the most. Lets say 30 % of the damage fund should be paid by the Count and 70% should be paid by you."

"Princess! That is unfair. The Count is rich and We are the one who have been damage. Isn't just right to make the Count cough all the money or if its not possible 70%?"

Princess looks at the Baron.

"First, the program was approved by you. And the program are for your people. After the construction, most of the power in the dam was handed over to you. You are the new owner. You as the owner held the most responsibility.
Why would the Count pay more just because he is rich? Baron, as someone who owned the land and territory it is your responsibility to understand the dam more than anyone. You should know the risk and the potential danger and think of the way to suppress it or avoid it, if possible. With that being said....you don't even do that in five years as the dam owner. 30% is actually a bit high for the Count to pay. Usually, it should be 10% at most."

"10%...." the Baron cries and nod. "I understand."

"If at most, it is 10%....th3n why are you asking me 30%?" The Count raised a brow.

"Because you didn't made a good job as a construction manager."
Princess said as she stood up.
She feels that the talk is over.

"You mean,Poor management?"

"Even in a worst case scenario....There are records of dam getting broken in our kingdom but.....not this fast." The princess looks at the Count.
The Count understands what she means.

The Baron also become shock.

"I guess...you two can find someone to help pay the damage cost now?" The princess smirks.
"Make sure they pay a lot."

The two nobles bow at the Princess who is walking away.
They respect this smart princess

"Wait.Before I forgot....Not a word to anyone that I am involve with this." Emerald said after she runs back. She is sweating and the hand that is full of gauze is eye catching.

The two nobles smiled and nods.

"We will protect the princess's secret and her sacrifices."

"What? Anyways, thanks. I can't be found out that I am leaving the palace so easily."

"Yes. But we will spreads the tales of a princess that is selfless and wise."
Baron said.

"........do not exaggerate."

"People needs to have an idol to look up to in times of calamity."
Count said.

"Whatever."

"Princess, why don't you let me call a carriage to send you to the palace?" The Count asks

"But I am still looking for people to be my employee....and to do my groceries."
Princess Emerald says.

Count lips twitched.
Baron eyes widen.

Count finally meet this princess who has been the talk of the town. His employees always saying that  they met an eccentric princess that always banter in the market place but he didn't really listen. Now, he finally learn the truth.

"So you are 'that'princess, princess."

Emerald tilts her head.
"What?"

"Do not worry. My people will do what ever you wish them to do.Be it grocery or finding people."

Princess Emerald wyes sparkles and for the first time she truly smiles from the bottom of her heart.

"Ehhh~~~ Really? Please help me then~~~~Mr. Count~~~~"

A/N:

The user and the used.
Wahahhahahahhaha.

^_^)v