Chapter 2

Willow's POV 

Fluttering my eyes open, I glance around the room sceptically without moving a muscle. Seeing a cream coloured ceiling above me, which was very different from the tall green trees that I thought would be there.    

An unknown warm heat engulfed my body and sent every nerve and muscle into goo, something I wasn't accustomed too.

Deciding to explore my whereabouts, I push myself up from lying down on this soft furry bed and asses my surroundings.

Just as my body was upright, my eyes widen at the roaring fire that was right at the end of the bed. "AAAARHHhhh," I screamed, scrambling off the bed and falling headfirst on the floor, probably opening a wound on impact.

"Sh*t!"

What the hell was that?

That sounded...human, a male human.

Loud thuds shake the floorboards and stop right beside my disgusting excuse for a body, twisted at an unnatural angle on the floor.

"Hey, I got you." It said.

I rubbed my eyes with my fists to get a better view of the giant form above me, wondering what creature was this massive.

A very dashing man with wavy brown hair and lots of tattoos was staring down at me, his eyes shone in the morning sun and revealed a warm orange tone that I was instantly drawn too. His face looked rock solid, and his jawline was so sharp and masculine; it was hurting my eyes.

This male was beautiful, the most beautiful person out of the three people I had ever met.

"You're already giving me heart attacks, little one." He said with a half-smile, lowering his thick inked arms down and cradling me as if I would shatter.

Picking up my broken form, the man cradled me to his well-defined chest and angled my face to his. His golden eyes switch from looking directly in mine to my now bleeding forehead.

What happened next, I am very disturbed by.

The man cups my cheek gently, lowers my face down to his chin and licks my forehead, kissing and licking the blood away from the stitched cut on my head.

The wet sloppy feeling of his tongue on my forehead, made a lot of emotions run through my mind, the biggest one being confusion.

"All better, my love." He whispered against my head, kissing the wound one last time before raising my head to look down at me.

His eyes, I can't stop looking at his golden eyes.

"You're probably wondering who I am." He said, looking deep into my soul and never breaking eye contact, something this male was very good at. His whole form screamed pure dominance, power and control; it was intoxicating. I felt ten feet above the air as he's holding me now, and the amount of control this man has over me was scaring me to my bones.

From being neglected and shown no love, to being held tight against a stranger that looked at me like I was his world.

I didn't know what to think of it all; my mind was a muddled mess.

His hand never left my face; he was touching every bit of skin with a gentle and longing touch, something you wouldn't think possible from looking at him. He was studying my face like I was a test, looking at every gruesome scar and bruise on my skin, trying to get his answers from my hollow, broken eyes.

"My name is Alaric, what's your name, angel?" He said, still holding my body around his waist.

Then realisation hit me like a ton of bricks, I had to respond, using words, which I didn't have.

I had never had a grip on speaking; it was my biggest downfall. Since I can remember, I've never really been able to form sentences fully, I can think them in my head, but I could never get them out properly.

Now I'm terrified he will be as harsh as my old owners were, beating me for not being able to talk and fight back. Teasing me for stuttering, for being weak and stupid, after a while of not getting any better, you believe them.

I was getting short of breath, that familiar panicky feeling creeping up my body and taking my breath away, making me sweat with fear at both choking to death and the large man holding me, killing me for not talking.

What have I gotten myself into?

"Oh god, what's happening to you?!" Alaric said, looking at me with confusion and fear. He swiftly looked around and huffed in frustration, making me claw at my throat in terror.

My worsening state seemed to snap Alaric out his own panic and rush out the door, running at a speed that was not humanly possible.

One second I was in the fire room, the next second was a blur, and then we were outside, I was so panicked that I didn't think about it for too long.

He reached outside at a record time and rubbed my back up and down, whispering sweet words into my ear and tickling it with his warm breath.

The fresh air, mixed with his warm words sent an unfamiliar warmness in my heart; it felt...special. I couldn't explain it.

My inner panic died down, and my ragged breathing had evened out, making my embarrassment stride in my head guns blazing, making my cheeks redden a dark shade and my head bowed down out of sight, not wanting to face the laughter.

But I didn't hear any laughter, only a warm hand lift my jaw to the man's eye level, his hand sending warm, prickly sparks throughout my body as if fireworks had lit up my insides.

It was a euphoric feeling, and I craved it.

Any feeling other than pain and terror was addicting to me, as it is the steps I need to get better.

I heard love can heal anything.

"I'm sorry angel, I didn't think you would panic at that, I'm so sorry," Alaric said, looking at me with guilt and sorrow.

I stared back at him stunned, I believe he apologised to me, but he didn't do anything wrong? I might be mistaken, but I believe my body panicked, and somehow that's his fault?

I stare back at him with a deep frown set on my face and looking at him with uncertainty.

That was the first apology anyone has ever given me, its sad that it's taken eighteen years to hear.

Okay, I really need to try and speak now.

"I-It's alrighht," I whispered gravely, not recognising my own voice. I hardly ever talk, maybe a few words a year, so hearing my voice always surprises me.

It seemed to surprise Alaric too, as as soon as the words left my lips, his head shot up in a flash and looked at me with a mix of surprise and relief.

A pretty smile broke out on his face and his dimples formed on both cheeks, making me instantly intrigued by the perfectly caved in skin.

Proding the dimple, a hearty chuckle left Alaric's lips at my curiosity, looking down at my finger and me in amusement.

"I already know you're going to be the most beautiful soul ever to walk this earth, and I am proud to call you mine."