Chapter 41

Willow's POV 

"Willow these roses are gorgeous, with a little love and care they will grow beautifully." Violet's enchanting voice graced my ears and flowed around the new garden around us, soil heaps everywhere, and our hands muddy, getting stuck into the task at hand.

"I know I can't wait for them to grow; they will be so pretty to look at!" I wrote on my whiteboard and turned it in Violet's direction, watching her irises move word by word, and recognition flashing across her features.

"I just know you will be a great caregiver to these flowers hun, I can see the nurturing instinct in you," Violet said with a big rosy smile on her face and a glint in her eyes, making me turn my head away bashfully with my cheeks enflamed at her connotations, digging my hands in the wet soil to distract my mind.

"Ah sweetie I'm just playing with you, but I'm still right about what I said, and I'm not taking it back." She said with a smile upon her cheeks, dusting her floral skirt and making her way to stand next to her mate, observing the sharp axe cradled in his hands, rearing to chop up the old logs of wood, using them to create a path around the garden.

"Aren't I right, Craig?" Violet leaned against her mate, looking up at him expectedly while he looked down flustered for an answer, looking towards me with slight fear he will say the wrong thing.

"Yes, darling, you are always right." He nodded with added affirmation, looking at me in relief while I smiled at the cute couple, adoring their playful nature with one another.

Violet nudged her husband in the side and left to walk in my direction, kneeling in the dirt right by me as we got our hands down and dirty, making small wells in the dirt to sprinkle the seeds, taking extra care in making the ground cosy enough for them to grow.

"Jessie has been missing you, love," Violet muttered sadly, instantly capturing my interest like a meercat on their hind legs. I sat up straight but suppressed a long wince in my throat, twisting my still sore neck in the process.

"I miss her. How is she?" I wrote, watching her sigh sadly as she looked away from my board and back down to the soil.

"She got in this huge fight with Kai; I unluckily walked in on them about to rip each others hair out. Kai hasn't been there for Jessie when she needed him after she was bound to the pack kitchen and unable to see you. Kai told her to suck it up and that she deserves this punishment, should have been more responsible with the Luna and take accountability, his words not mine." Violet recalled glumly, making me suppress tears from wanting to stream down my cheeks, hating the fact my friend is hurting so bad and all on her own through this. Also, the fact that my other good friend Kai was so heartless with her, not treating her on a friendly level and instead a criminal, not taking her feelings into accountability.

"Luckily before Jessie could hit him, Craig jumped in between them and stopped a fight from breaking out. Kai stormed out the kitchen, and the warriors haven't seen him since this happened a few days ago now, and they're starting to get worried. Jessie is healing slowly on her own, she understands why she can't see you, but I can see it in her eyes that she's desperate for her friend. I've been visiting her every afternoon for her homemade cookies, and they're delicious! I'll tell her to make you a box; she will be more than pleased too." Violet babbled on with her soothing angelic voice that can send you into a trance if you're not careful.

I couldn't help but lower my head in shame and letting the guilt weigh heavy on my shoulders, hating that she is suffering all because of me.

"Hey you, don't be so hard on yourself, Jessie wouldn't want that, and you know it." Violet wrapped an arm around me in comfort and leaned her head on my shoulder, making me feel a little better knowing I have a friendly face to vent to if I ever need it, and I hope she knows she can do the same to me.