Chapter 6

After a while of cuddling and Alaric feeding me my evening meal, I wander around the living room and look out the windows while Alaric was clearing away in the kitchen.

The majority of the house walls were windows and the good thing about living in the woods, you have beautiful surroundings with lots of animals, and you get to witness the sun going down, which was what I was seeing now for the first time.

It truly was a pretty sight, and I wanted to see this every evening for the remanding days I have on this earth.

One thing I did seem to see a lot of in the woods were these huge dogs, wandering in and out of the trees and looking up at me when they catch me staring out the window. It's like they're in a trance when they glance my way, staring deep into my eyes until I get nervous and look down.

These dogs all looked different and varied in sizes, some of them had various shades of brown fur, some had blond, and I caught a few with white fur. I was starting to make a mental tally of all the coloured wolves I find. They all looked so pretty and fluffy, and it broke my heart whenever they would run away from me.

Feeling a presence behind me, I felt Alaric's hands rest on my shoulders and his chest against my back, with his head looking over my shoulder and finding what had caught my attention."What are you looking at angel?" Alaric asks, rubbing my shoulders absentmindedly.

"T-The dogs," I said, still looking straight ahead and squinting my eyes to get a proper look at what was lurking in the woods.

"Dogs?" Alaric asks, looking down at me with curiosity and slight amusement.

I looked up at him and nodded, seeing a smile creep onto his lips.

"Angel, they're not dogs, they are wolves." He said, pulling my hair away, so it flows down my back.

I turn around from the window and give Alaric a confused look. I remember the word " Wolves" come up in my fairytale books. I never saw pictures of them, but the way they were described, they sounded like beasts that eat anything in sight.

This new information didn't sit right with me, and I didn't want to look out the windows anymore, worried that one of those wolves will jump through the window and eat me alive!"Don't worry little one, they won't hurt you," Alaric said, bringing my face up to meet his. I nodded slowly, still a little frightened but if Alaric said they're okay, then I will believe him.

I was being pulled by my hand towards the large couch and being seated onto Alaric's lap once again, getting well acquainted with the comfortable seat.

"I can see in your eyes that you have questions, Angel." He said, seeming to know precisely what I'm thinking.

I nod my head but look up apprehensively, knowing I can barely talk and when I do its hardly legible. I grit my teeth and point to my throat, trying to get the message across.

"Don't worry, angel, you can write your questions down on this notepad. The doctor said that your vocal cords are strained and worn, meaning you need to take this special medicine to help you get better, and in the meantime, you will not speak a word little one, only writing on pen and paper to talk." Alaric said, handing me this small notepad and pen.

I smile at how Alaric is willing to put his life on hold to care for me, it really was touching, and one day I will make it up to him.

I click to open the pen and start writing, getting the hang of it again after so long of not picking up a pen.

"Why did you bring me here?" I wrote, holding up the pad. Alaric looked conflicted, thinking over his response, looking uneasy and sceptical.

"One day I will tell you the full reason why, I have only just found you, and I want to ease you into this life, not throw it all on you at once. Just know that I care about you very much, and I want to take care of you angel." He said, giving me a reassuring smile.

I nodded at his response and understood what he meant, knowing that he probably wants to keep me a little longer until he has to return me to where he found me.

"When the doctor was checking me over, you looked outraged, your teeth and fingernails got longer, what was happening to you?" I wrote, slightly nervous for this particular answer, worried about him being an evil witch.

Alaric hesitated, and he took his time thinking over his answer.

"When another male or female gives you a lot of attention or touches you, it makes me very angry at them and upset. I am a very possessive man Willow, I am extremely territorial about you, and I don't want another man going near you but me." He said in a much deeper tone, looking at me intensely and winding his arms around my stomach, keeping me well situated on every inch of his body.

I nodded my head again in understanding, at least he wasn't an abusive person and didn't seem to have any intentions of hurting me, that is a vast improvement from the previous environment I was in. Alaric has been nothing but kind to me, so I didn't fear him like that, his dominance was slightly overwhelming, but I can get used to that as the days go on.

Thinking over his last answer, I noticed he didn't correctly answer my questions to why his teeth and nails got longer. I assume he finds it hard to talk about that and I won't pry, but hopefully, I find out why that happened.

"Any more questions for now, baby?" Alaric asks, hugging me into his chest tight. I ponder over everything and try and come up with a question. Since being here, my head has been a jumbled mess and trying to find one question was a challenge.

With hesitance and nervousness flooding my mind, I jot down my final question, terrified of the answer.

"Will you send me home?" I wrote, holding the pad up with shaky hands and a tremble in my bottom lip.

Alaric looked over the words, and I didn't miss the slight smile skim his lips, not doing my nerves any favours.

"You will never, and I mean NEVER. Go back to where you came from my love. I hope that one day you will tell me what happened to you, but as long as I'm breathing, you will not go back to the place that hurt you." Alaric said firmly and passionately, without any room to protest.

I smiled up at the response and released the breath I was holding in, relieved that he wants me to stay and keep me away from my parents, making my eyes water but I held back the tears, not wanting him to be scared off from my constant eye-fountains.

With the biggest smile I could muster, I winded my arms around Alaric's neck and hugged him tightly, pouring all my appreciation and love into it. I am a girl of very few words, but I pray Alaric understands my small acts of affection, knowing how much strength it takes for me to do that to someone.

I will work on my inner demons, but I won't be fixed in a day. At least I'm not on my own through this; I have Alaric here that wants to take care of me, I just hope he keeps his promises.