Chapter 5

Adalyn

I practically ran home, constantly turning around to make sure no one was following me. Every time I heard a footstep I would turn around ready to attack. I felt the biggest sense of relief as I saw my house at the end of the street.

I sped up my pace and made it home in no time. I didn't even go inside my house, I dropped my bag at the front porch and ran as fast as I could into the forest.

"Roman!" I cried running deep into the forest.

My heart sped up as the familiar blue eyes came out from behind a tree and I ran full force to him until I landed against his chest, hugging him to me as hard as I could. He immediately embraced me as I buried my face into his chest.

"Baby girl what's wrong?" He asked trying to get me to look at him. I cried out as his hands left my back and I shook my head.

"Don't let me go!" I cried trying to control the hot tears that threatened to spill down my cheeks.

I felt like my whole world was a lie. I thought we were in these walls to protect ourselves but that was not the case. We needed to be united with the wolf's. Now that was God's will.

I sighed out in relief as his hands returned to my back, wrapping me in his embrace. I deeply inhaled his scent as it calmed all of my nerves.

"Roman." I murmured.

"Baby girl." His voice rumbled as he placed his head on top of mine.

I removed my head from his chest and looked up at him as he looked down at me. I stared into his eyes and felt myself calm down.

I reached into the pocket of my jacket and reached for the book. I moved out of his embrace but made sure one of his arms was still wrapped around me. I handed him the book and his eyes scrunched up as he opened it and began reading it.

He looked down at me, worry filled in his eyes. By looking in his eyes I could see all the memories replaying in his mind. I wanted to ask him about them but I didn't want to push him. His hand came to my cheek and gently stroked the skin there.

"I'm scared." I whispered.

"Don't be baby, I will always protect you." He murmured. He leaned down and placed a small kiss against my forehead.

"I wish I knew what the rest of the page said." I said sighing. He nodded his head and looked down at me.

"Also when were you planning on telling me I would go into heat?" I asked playfully glaring at him. He chuckled and smirked down at me. He leaned down towards my ear and whispered.

"Don't worry baby, if you get horny just open your window and I'll be there in a flash."

"Not funny Roman." I said scowling at him.

"But you have to believe me Addy, your heat is going to get so much worse the longer we wait. You have to understand that." He sighed.

"I know, I read a book at the library today, that's where I got that book." I shrugged my shoulders, pointing to the book.

Before I could say anything else I was cut off by my mothers sharp voice.

"Adalyn! Where are you darling, we have a visitor!"

I looked towards my house and sighed. I turned back towards Roman and stood on my tiptoes reaching up and gently connecting my lips with his. There it was again, those crazy butterflies.

He hummed against my lips and sneakily put his hands on my butt, squeezing it.

"Roman." I murmured against his lips. I pulled away and let out a deep breath, staring at him.

"I got to go before I get too turned on." I laughed. He smiled down at me and gently kissed my lips one more time before he spanked my butt and told me to go.

I giggled as I walked away and as I got to the end of the forest I turned around and saw his beautiful eyes staring back at me.

I made my way up to my house and through the back door. I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight before me.

"Hello Adalyn."

"Hello Father Monara." I bowed my head to him and he chuckled.

"No need for that child, I came to talk to you about tomorrow night! Such an exciting night!" He chuckled sitting up in his chair in our living room.

"Come, come! Sit!" He pointed to the seat on the couch in front of him and I obeyed. I couldn't help the obvious shake in my hands so I put them behind my back so he wouldn't notice.

"Every year I meet with teens who will attend the bonding ceremony. Such an important event in your life." I avoided eye contact with him as I looked at the cross hanging around his neck.

Heavenly Father, I ask you to protect me in this moment. I know I've sinned but I need your help, please help me. Amen

I sent the silent prayer and listened to his raspy voice. Every time he would move his hand I would get shivers down my back.

"Now I must speak to you about an important topic. Your children. As you know you must surrender your first born child to me." He sounded almost happy as he said it. I looked up into his eyes and saw them twinkle.

Creep.

"Father, if you don't mind me asking, why must I give you my first born?" I already knew that answer but I wanted to hear it from him.

He chuckled and shook his head at me.

"Adalyn do not ask the father such ridiculous questions!" My mother sneered from next to me.

"Oh no, it's quite alright. I understand you may not understand that situation and that's okay. But you better watch that mouth of yours around your future husband." He chuckled, his eyes darkening, like there was a madness swirling in them.

"But I must be going, there are many more teens I must meet with." He said standing up.

My mother helped him to the door and as he got there he turned around and looked at me.

"Oh and Addy, it's not safe to play in those woods." My heart stopped beating as he smiled at me. My face paled as I felt the need to run to the bathroom and puke.

"Goodbye now." He said leaving our house.

I moved to the window and watched him get in a car and drive off. He skipped our neighbors house, Mia who turned 18 two weeks ago.

He specifically came for me.