Chapter 48

Adalyn

I continued applying my makeup with a small smile as I hummed a song underneath my breath. I had finally escaped from Roman's death grip to get ready for my lunch date with Sasha. Roman sat in our bed sulking as he stared at me through the open doorway of the bathroom, his legs criss crossed as his arms were crossed over his chest.

I turned towards him and placed my hand on my hip, raising an eyebrow at him as I studied his furrowed eyebrows and small pout.

"We can cuddle when I get back." I said with a small laugh as his eyebrows furrowed even more.

I turned back towards the mirror and applied my lipgloss before I stepped back and examined my outfit. I had on a light blue floral cami sundress that complimented my figure and showed off my large round belly bump. I walked out of the bathroom as I went to the closet and grabbed a pair of flip flops to wear before I walked back out.

I gently smiled as I walked over to Roman, wrapping my arms around his neck as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"I'll be back soon." I whispered, leaning down and kissing his forehead.

He continued to scowl at me, but never the less he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"You better." He murmured as he pressed his head into my hair.

I pulled back and gave him a small kiss before I lovingly placed my hand along his jaw.

"Try to get some more sleep, okay? I know you're exhausted with all your work." I hummed, leaning down and gently kissing his temple as he leaned into my touch.

"I probably won't sleep without you, I might just go to my office and try to get some work done. I still have to deal with the yellow stone pack and then after that I have to train with my warriors." He groaned, his face falling into my shoulder.

I gently laughed, running my fingers through his hair as my other hand gently rubbed small circles on his bare back.

The Yellowstone pack was constantly trying to overtake Roman's as they shared territory right next to one another. Of course Roman would be able to completely wipe out the pack if needed but he still didn't have time considering the constant war with Monara. From my understanding, Roman and their pack had been enemies since the beginning of time, constantly having territorial battles and everything got 100 times worse after their alpha died.

"I love you." I whispered into his ear as I gently pulled myself away.

"I love you more." He mumbled, gently pushing on the back of my head so that my lips would connect to his in a soft kiss.

I gave him one last smile before I pulled myself away and began the small venture down the hallway and to the stairs. As I began to make my way down I could see Sasha standing by the door, her eyes lighting up with happiness as she saw me coming.

"Addy!" She exclaimed, walking over to me with a large smile.

I gently giggled as I reached out and hugged her small frame, her arms coming around me as we embraced one another.

"Thank you so much for this." She whispered when we separated.

"Of course! Plus I need new friends around here. Roman's not a girl so he doesn't understand most of my problems, just wants to fix them with violence whereas Berlin and Anna are always busy with pack work." I sighed, lacing my arm in hers as we exited the pack house.

The sun beated down on us as it was accompanied by a small breeze, a beautiful combination that left you warm but cool.

"I understand. You will be my only friend around here." She said, looking down at the floor sheepishly.

"See, we need each other Sasha. It was meant to be." I said smiling as we continued to walk along the sidewalk until we got into town, several restaurants and cafes surrounding us.

We decided to go to this small cafe as Sasha swore they had the best soup known to man kind. I giggled along with her as we took our seats at a small booth in the corner.

A young man came up to us with a notepad ready to take our order before his eyes fell on to me, widening in shock.

"A-Alpha female!" He replied shocked as he quickly stood up straight and fixed his apron.

"No need for such formalities, call me Adalyn." I have him a soft smile as he immediately relaxed.

Sasha ordered both of us the soup and some teas before I quickly added the pack of four cookies as I couldn't control my urges after I read the description.

"Of course, it will be right out." He said, quickly walking towards the kitchen.

"You know you are really kind for being the Alpha female. Most warriors that even have a smidge of a high rank are assholes as they think they're better than anyone else." She sighed, stirring around her straw as she stared down at the table.

I gently giggled as I nodded.

"I've only met a few warriors so I can't say much but I do know that the ones I'm friends with are really kind and caring." I said, watching her with a soft expression.

I could see some type of hurt in her eyes as she got lost in her own thoughts. I reached my hand over and gently placed it on top of hers as she snapped out of her day dream, quickly covering it with a smile before she looked up at me.

"Whatever happened, you can tell me. I won't judge." I whispered as tears began to gather in the corner of her eyes.

"Well I met this warrior wolf a few weeks before my eighteenth birthday and he swore to me that we were mates. Saying that I was his and how he was absolutely sure of it. H-he pressured me into having sex with him and I d-didn't know it at the time..." she trailed off as a few tears streamed down her face.

I immediately stood up and moved to her side of the booth as I wrapped my arms around her. She leaned her head on my shoulder as she allowed me to comfort her.

"He took videos of us together and then sent it to all his friends saying how I was a slut and begged him to have sex with me. On my eighteenth birthday I realized he wasn't my mate and then a few days later his real mate turned eighteen and she made my life living hell. Her father was a high ranking warrior as well so they were able to move my status to an omega, forcing me to clean many of the warriors armor and when that happened many of them took advantage of me." By then she was full in bawling as she couldn't control the tears that streamed down her face.

"T-they called me the pack slut. My m-mother disowned me and said she didn't raise me to be a whore. I lost everything Adalyn. I was going to be a pack doctor but now they won't even let me go to school!" She cried, her hands clinging on to me as all I felt was anger and sadness for her.

I clutched onto her tightly as I gently cradled her, allowing all her emotions to spew.

"I promise you Sasha, they will pay." I growled.