Chapter 31

Adalyn

I walked through the palace door, lost in my own thoughts. I could feel people's eyes on me as I walked through the hallways, my footsteps echoing behind me every time I took a step.

Did I make the right decision?

I felt so stupid for believing his words but I know if I didn't come then he would hurt my mom. I don't know what I would do with myself if I found out he hurt her and I had a chance of saving her.

I sighed, releasing all the tension in my bones, walking down the familiar hallway straight to the room I was in before.

On my way there I noticed an open door to what looked like an office. I quietly walked closer to the door, gently opening it to see nobody was inside. I smiled to myself and opened the door wider, slipping inside before closing it behind me.

Please tell me this was Monara's office.

I walked around to the large oak desk that stood in the middle. I began opening the drawers trying to find anything that could help me understand what Monara wanted from me.

I found a diary and I almost did a happy dance as I pulled it out, sitting down in the large leather chair.

I opened the first page and was immediately disgusted as I saw locks of dark brown hair. I felt myself about to puke as I realized; it was my fucking hair. 

My hands began to shake as I went to turn the page.

Why did I decide to do this again?

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" An angry voice came from the doorway and I jumped back out of surprise looking up to see a man with blonde hair and brown eyes, it was the man that delivered me the letter. He stormed over to me and I almost yelped as he grabbed me by my wrists pulling me out of the chair as he slammed the journal closed.

"You're not allowed in here." He fumed, dragging me out and closing the door behind us. He turned towards the door, taking a key from around his neck and locking it shut.

"Go to where you are supposed to be! You are lucky I don't kick you out." He yelled storming off in the opposite direction.

"Crap." I mumbled under my breath. I should have locked the door behind me.

I keep getting stupider by the minute, I sighed.

I rolled my eyes and suppressed my anger, glaring at the dark door that stood between me and the truth.

I hate doors, its official.

I stomped my foot and walked towards the room I was in before, opening the door and sitting down on the bed.

I shouldn't.

I thought as an idea popped into my mind.

No don't do it.

I sighed laying down and rolling onto my stomach.

I couldn't help myself as my vision faded away and was filled with Roman's.

He sat against a wall in our bedroom. A bottle in his hand as he brought it up to his lips, taking large gulps.

My heart broke as he finished off the bottle and threw it, watching it slam onto the floor and shatter into a million pieces.

"Fuck!" He yelled leaning his head back against the wall.

He turned his head looking into the mirror and I almost cried out at his appearance. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was a disheveled mess, his fingers roughly combing through it.