Chapter 32

Adalyn

I sat at the window sill looking out to see the street lights shinning brightly on the city below. After I puked in the bathroom I refused to return to the dining room again, no thank you. I just sneaked back to the room and sat by the window, looking at the city.

I felt disgusted and I couldn't wash my mind of memories of what was on my plate. I think that would haunt me forever.

"Ma'am, Father Monara had me bring you water." The same girl from earlier walked in placing a glass of water on the ledge of the window.

"Thank you." I murmured still looking out the window.

I let out a sigh as she walked out, closing the door behind her. I picked up the glass and took a sip, letting the cold water soothe my raw throat.

Alpha? Are you back in the city?

Mia!

Mia! And yes I sadly am.

I replied sighing.

Why? Shouldn't you be with Alpha Roman?

My heart hurt just hearing his name and I bit my lip, thinking about him.

Monara threatened me so I came back to keep my mom and Roman's pack safe.

No offense Alpha, but that is stupid. Roman has been able to protect himself and his pack for longer than you've been alive. And we could have just gotten your mom. Why didn't you tell Alpha Roman?

She asked and I just sighed.

I know Mia, it was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. I only did it because I was scared. I think I broke Roman and I don't know if I can forgive myself.

I brought my knees to my chest hugging them close to myself.

Where are you?

Monara's palace.

I'm coming to get you.

I just hummed an okay as I picked up the glass of water again and took a sip. I sighed and stood up going to the door. I wanted to venture to Monara's office again and get my hands on those journals.

Before I could reach the door Monara opened it peaking his head through.

"Tonight, I will let you sleep here by yourself, but tomorrow we will sleep in here together." He said.

I nodded my head, frozen in my spot.

"I also noticed your cross necklace was missing, so I got you a new one." He stepped forward grabbing a chain necklace from his pocket.

"Thank you." I said going to grab it from him.

"No, let me help." He said smiling as he moved his hand back out of my reach.

I gulped and turned around as he wrapped the chain around my neck and clasped it. His fingers lingered on my skin a little longer than necessary and it caused all the hair on my body to stand up straight.

He didn't say another word as he walked towards the door and closed it behind him and my eyes widened as I heard the click of the lock. I ran to the door and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge.

"Just as a precaution, can't have you escaping in the middle of the night." He chuckled from the other side of the wood.

I banged my fist on the door letting out a frustrated yell.

I cried out and went back to the window looking out. I finished the glass of water and placed the empty glass back down on the ledge of the window.

Alpha I'm outside of the palace, I'll work my way to you but I don't think I can get in unnoticed.

There's a window in my room, would you be able to climb to get to it?

Yes, just open it and I'll be there.

I ran over to the window opening it wide enough so that Mia would be able to get through it. It wasn't much longer that she climbed through.

I ran to her hugging her and she pulled me, facing me away from the window.

"Thank you for coming." I sighed.

"Of course, I will always come. You know that." She said smiling.

She backed up from me and I furrowed my eyebrows but they immediately relaxed and I almost sobbed out as a familiar pair of palms were placed on my hips. I turned around and ran into Roman's chest.

"I thought you hated me!" I sobbed burying myself into his shirt.

He pulled me away from his chest, reaching up and cupping my cheek

"I could never." He whispered.

I wrapped my arms around him, looking up into his eyes. I looked at the window to see Berlin and Rene climb through as well.

"We are never climbing through a window again! I almost fell like six times!" Rene huffed.

"Oh be quite you big baby." Berlin laughed. I laughed and she swung her leg inside but her foot hit the glass sending it down onto the hard stone floor.

I tilted my head looking at it. It didn't shatter - it didn't break.

"What's wrong?" Roman asked. I looked up at him, into his eyes.

There was something wrong.

I studied his eyes noticing how they weren't their normal crystal blue, now just murky and dark

"I- What's happening?" I asked. I closed my eyes placing my hand on my head, I had a major headache.

"I don't understand." I mumbled opening my eyes.

My eyes widened and I looked around gasping out. There was no one in the room, I was left by myself with the window open, the wind causing the curtains to flap.

"What the hell." I asked turning around and looking all throughout the room.

Am I going insane?

I looked on the window sill and saw the empty glass. There was something in the water, that was the only thing I could think.

I looked at the clock and became even more confused as it said 1:26 am.

How long have I been standing here?

I shook my head and closed my eyes, placing my fingers on my temple and gently massaging it. I was so confused so I sauntered over to the bed, laying down on my side.

"Adalyn."

I shot up and my eyes widened, Roman stood at the edge of my bed and I furrowed my eyebrows tilting my head at him. I looked at the door and noticed it was cracked open. When did that happen?

He crawled forward on the bed his eyes trained on me. When he got close enough he grabbed on to my legs and pushed them apart. I looked down to where his skin touched my bare thighs but I didn't feel anything, no sparks, no tingles.

"Ro-" I mumbled but was quickly cut off when he shushed me.

He reached his hand up pushing me down until I was flat on my back and he moved forward crawling between my legs.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I felt the fabric of my underwear be slowly taken off as he pulled them down my thighs.

"What are you doing?" I asked, blinking my eyes as they wanted to close.

They shot open when a tongue slipped between my folds and a loud moan followed closely behind.

"Stop Roman." I mumbled reaching down to push his head away.

He grabbed on to my hand tightly and pushed it down to the bed while his tongue pushed its way into me and continued to move throughout my folds.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed my hips off the bed and away from the venturing tongue. It didn't feel right, it wasn't Roman.

I ripped my hand from his grip and sat up, shutting my thighs as I brought them up to my chest. My vision was blurry and I quickly rubbed them to clear them up but when I opened them I only saw a black silhouette leave the room and a click resonating through the room when the door closed completely.

What just happened.