CHAPTER 16

SHE looked at her phone to check if Lisa is still on the line but the call ended right after she told Lisa about Taehyung.

"What did she say?" Taehyung asked, who is seating at the backseat with Suga and Jennie.

They're currently on their way back to Lisa.

"She just ended the call." Jennie shrugged her shoulders.

Taehyung's brows furrowed. Jennie just patted his shoulder, "Don't worry. She's just happy that it made her speechless." She assured him.

But Taehyung's having a bad feeling for no reason. He felt something wrong. Not on him, but the whole situation seems odd.

"Hyung, drive faster." Taehyung told Suga.

"Whoa, I didn't know you're this whipped for Lisa. Are you two dating already? You're too whipped for each other." Suga chuckled.

Taehyung clenched his jaw, "Just drive faster, Hyung. Something's not right here."

Jennie's brows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"Can you try calling Lisa again?" Taehyung asked Jennie.

The girl just nodded and fiddled with her phone again. Jennie dialed Lisa number but after some few rings, she didn't answer. She ended the call and tried dialling Lisa's number again and again.

Jennie started to worry, "She's not answering."

"Jungkook..."

Taehyung remembered, "Jungkook's with her, right? Try calling him!"

ON THE OTHER HAND, Jungkook's peacefully walking back home from the convenience store just a few blocks away from their house. He's holding a plastic bag of Lisa's favorite ice creams and couldn't wait to make the girl happy.

His phone suddenly rang just as he finally got inside the subdivision. He took his phone out and checked the caller ID.

Suga Hyung's Annoying Wife
calling...

"Noona?" He answered Jennie's call.

"Where are you?" She asked the younger.

"I'm on my walk back to the house. I went to buy ice cream for Li—"

"What?! You left her in the house?!" Jennie cuts him off.

Jungkook's brows furrowed at Jennie's sudden outburst, "Why?! What's wrong?!" He panicked.

Jennie bit her lips, "I've been calling her but she won't pick up after I told her that we found Taehyung."

Jungkook froze on his spot.

"Shit."

He didn't think twice and he dashed towards the house, dropping the ice cream and his phone on the street. Not caring if both gets destroyed.

He ran with his slippers and pajamas like he was being chased by a zombie. His adrenaline was rushing to much that everything seemed like a slow-mo to him.

It's only Lisa who's getting all his system to function this fast and he internally cursed himself if he cannot protect the girl he loves the most.

He immediately barged inside the house. Only to find Lisa floating one foot above the floor and choking herself.

Someone was strangling her.

"Lisa!" Jungkook immediately rushed to her.

But before he could even reach her, she was thrown on the full body mirror near the kitchen. She collapsed on the floor with few bruises and scratches on her neck.