CHAPTER 18

JISOO and the others are standing stiff by the door. Only Jungkook and Taehyung we're brave enough to take the staring contest from the devil within Lisa.

Lisa smiled, "What's the matter? Can't move? Why? Don't you want a new friend?"

"Give Lisa back." Jungkook growled.

She just laughed at them, "How many times do I have to tell you that she's not coming back?"

"She'll come back." Taehyung gave the devil a piercing gaze.

"Oh really? How sure are you?" Lisa tilted her head.

Taehyung smirked, "She's stronger than you think she is."

The words that came out of Taehyung's mouth made the others look at him and couldn't agree more.

The devil clenched her jaw, not liking the small encouragement that Taehyung made.

"Take me instead."

All heads turned to Jungkook with wide eyes.

Jennie shook her, "No, take me. Please take me. Let Lisa go."

Suga looked at her girlfriend in disbelief. He held her hands and tried to stop her.

"It's me whom you should take!" Jin stepped up.

After that, all of them started debating in the middle of the situation on who better replace Lisa's place.

It's chaotic.

But Taehyung brows furrowed when he felt a small whisper on his left ear. He tilted his head and tried to ignore the bickering of his friends.

"Who's there?", Taehyung thought to himself as the light whispers continued like a wind on his ear.

"It's me, Lisa." The familiar voice finally revealed.

Taehyung's eyes widened, "Lisa?"

Taehyung looked at his members who we're busy bickering and to the devil infront of them who is busy laughing at them in a such an evil way.

Obviously, nobody could hear Lisa's voice except him.

"Listen... I-no time-can't hear you-you ha-to..." Lisa's voice was unclear and choppy.

Taehyung tried to concentrate on Lisa's voice to hear her clearly as they both tried their best to communicate.

"Lisa? I can't hear you." Taehyung thought.

"You ha-to-me." Lisa spat again.

Taehyung furrowed his brows as he couldn't hear her clearly.

"It's-only wa-"

"What?! Say it again!" Taehyung tried.

But then, when the whispers finally became clear, Taehyung stood frozen and stiff.

"You have to kill me"

The voice slowly disappeared as Taehyung took heavy breaths, thinking his life decisions.

The girl he loves for so long talked to him through telepathy just to ask a favor to him to kill her and save his friends.

How could he do that?

How could he kill someone who made him whole?

How could he kill Lisa whom he threw all his future plans with?

"You don't have to fight over whom I'll take. Because I'm taking all of you with me." The devil gave them all an evil grin.

Taehyung looked at the devil. He can't stop but think it's still Lisa. He can't stop but think the devil is still Lisa. He can't stop but think that even though the devil took ober her body, he doesn't care but loves her still.

"I can't do it." Taehyung muttered to himself and bit his lips to stop the tears from flowing down.

He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked back and saw Chaeyoung in tears.

"I heard her too." She assured him.

Taehyung shook his head, "I can't do it, Chae."

On the other hand, Jungkook clenched his fists, "How the fuck do we get that devil out."

Taehyung shut his eyes close and gritted his teeth. He opened his eyes slowly and saw Lisa still having the devil inside her as she laughed at them in victory.

I love you, I can't do it... but I have to.

Without thinking twice, Taehyung did what he had to. He ran towards Lisa and pinned her down on the bed, choking her.

Jungkook and the others widened their eyes as they got startled at Taehyung's sudden attack.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE KILLING HER!" Jungkook reached out to Taehyung and tried to pull her but Chaeyoung spread her arms, blocking the others from stopping Taehyung.

"Chaeyoung! Move! He's killing Lisa!" Jennie glared at Chaeyoung.

But all Chaeyoung could do is sob in front of them as she tried to defend Taehyung.

"TAEHYUNG STOP!"

"No! Stop it! You're hurting Lali!"

"Move, Chae!"

"What are you doing! Stop it!"

Taehyung heard his noonas and hyungs calling out to him while Chaeyoung is trying to hold them back.

On the other hand, Taehyung muttered the three powerful words over and over, "I love you." While looking down at Lisa's choking state.

"Please! It's the only way!" Chaeyoung bawled.

Jungkook tried to get passed Chaeyoung and the others did the same until they finally get a hold of Taehyung. They tried stopping him.

But as Taehyung's hands gripped Lisa's fragile neck and choking the love of her life, Taehyung's tears was overflowing as it dripped down on Lisa's face, coughing her last breath before his friends could even reach him.

Jungkook saw how Lisa's last breath came out of her mouth, making all of them freeze at their spot.

All looking down at the lifeless Lisa on the bed.

Until Taehyung started crying and hugging Lisa in his arms. Jungkook's knees fell to the floor, Jennie and Jisoo covered their mouths with their hands as they started sobbing and the others, looking away as they tried their best to stop the tears from falling.

Chaeyoung fell on the floor and cried her emotions out.

"No..." Jisoo muttered.

Jungkook suddenly stood up and clenched on Taehyung's shirt, both in tears.

"You fucking bastard! You killed her!" Jungkook raised his fist up, attempting to punch Taehyung.

Taehyung sobbed, "It was the only way! You know it was!"

Jungkook shook his head, "There could've been another way! We could've figured another way!"

All Chaeyoung could do was cry her heart out as Jimin bit his lips, stopping his sobs behind Chaeyoung.

Taehyung looked down at the girl in his arms as his warm tears dripped down on her now turning cold skin.

"I love you."