Death to Control (Chapter 20.)

____________________________________________________________

We're all doing fine

But we're falling steps behind

I don't think we'll be the same again

We're losing our minds...

-Zebrahead, The Walking Dead

____________________________________________________________

Shuichi's POV:

Kiibo flies us down to the Academy. When we arrive, I see the elevator from the trial grounds open. I quickly pull everyone into the academy to avoid Korekiyo's detection. I pull everyone into a hallway, and we separate. Kiibo flies out of a side entrance to go back and grab Kaito and Miu, and then he'll go to the basement with them to wait there for everyone else. Tsumugi runs down to the basement while Kokichi dashes off to Tenko's dorm. As for Maki and I, we wait in two separate lockers by the stairs for Korekiyo to show up.

It's do or die.

Kokichi's POV:

I run down to Tenko's Lab faster than I have ever ran before, and I instantly take out my lockpick to start unlocking the door. It takes me ten seconds to get in. I'm lucky that I've been trained at this. Lockpicking is an important skill for the Supreme Leader of Evil.

When I walk in, I instantly turn to the dark green wardrobe. I pull out a top, a skirt, one of her hearties, and a headband. If she knew what I was doing right now, I'd be dead. But it doesn't matter to me if she finds out or not. Right now, the only thing that's important is...

Himiko...

I failed her...

I couldn't get her down in time...

I start to cry. I can't lose her. I can't. That's why I need to stay focused. I run down to the basement. Luckily for me, Korekiyo isn't down there yet. I walk into the arcade to see Tsumugi pacing around. She looks up at me as I walk in.

Me: "Here, and thank you for this. Thank you for helping me save her."

Tsumugi: "No problem! What are friends for?"

Me: "Usually not something like this."

I walk out and I head to the theater. A minute later, Tsumugi walks in.

And she looks exactly like Tenko. It's amazing.

Well, other than her rash covered face.

Tsumugi: "You can come back in now!"

Me: "Alright. hey, are you okay?"

Tsumugi: "Not really. I hope this ends soon."

Me: "You and me both, sister."

We walk out to see Kiibo arrive with Kaito and Miu. We all head into the arcade again to wait for Shuichi to text us.

Tsumugi's POV:

As I squeeze on Tenko's outfit, which is quite tight for me, I can feel my face start to itch.