Betrayed (Chapter 22.)

Kaede's POV:

I get up and look outside to see who might have been outside of my room...

...and I see Miu running away with her head held down.

Me: "HEY! GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I start to run after her.

Shuichi: "What? Kaede, what's wrong?"

He starts to run after me.

Me: "MIU WAS STALKING US FROM OUTSIDE OF MY ROOM!"

Shuichi: "WHAT?"

It doesn't take long for him to catch up to me after that. When I look ahead, I see that we're quickly growing closer to Miu. She stops outside of her dorm and she starts to take out her key. Shuichi sees this, and he jumps forward, grabbing her key out of her hand and sliding to a stop on the ground.

Miu: "EEP!"

Me: "MIU! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Miu: "I'msosorrypleasedon'thurtme!"

Me: "ENGLISH, PLEASE."

Shuichi: "What were you doing outside of Kaede's room? Why were you stalking us?"

Miu: "W-when you ran off, I started t-to feel bad for what I said. I wanted t-to make sure that you were o-okay! When I heard your conversation, I knew instantly that Shuichi isn't the Mastermind! I wanted to apologize, but I didn't have the c-courage to after everything that I said! P-please forgive me!"

Me: "You... wanted to apologize?"

She slowly nods her head.

Me: "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

Miu: "Don't be... I don't deserve it..."

Shuichi: "Everyone deserves Absolution."

Miu: "Y-you actually forgive me? After everything I said about you?"

Shuichi: "I don't hold grudges. I usually tend to forgive people the moment they apologize."

She laughs this off.

Miu: "You know, you really are one of a kind. Thanks. I'll let Kiibo know about this. He seemed to be upset by it too. I don't think he REALLY believes that you're the Mastermind. He probably just sees that the theory of you being the Mastermind is more sound than any of our other theories. You know about his logical side."

Me: "It's not sound or logical at all!"

Miu: "Neither are any of our other theories."

Shuichi: "Fair enough."

Me: "I don't know why we even needed to create theories in the first place."

Shuichi: "Yeah, it's not helping anyone. It's just driving us apart."

Miu: "Yeah... sorry about that..."

Me: "As long as you steer clear from making any more theories without actual evidence, then I'll forgive you."

Miu: "I promise I will."

Me: "Good. Now live that promise."

I grab Shuichi's hand and we walk back to my room. When we get there, Shuichi sits down on my bed. He places one hand on his cheek, looking deep in thought.