Chapter 4

Luke mutters to himself, marching to meet Obi-Wan. He doesn't like that Leia is doing this on her own. It's not that he doesn't trust her. He knows that she can complete this successfully. It's that he doesn't trust everyone else. It seems like everyone on this base loves to make sure that they get in trouble.

He's sure it's because they get special privileges, but it's not like he asked for them. He doesn't go around bragging about his mother. In fact, he hardly brings her up. Anytime he meets someone new, he doesn't mention her until asked. But usually, they find out before he gets to tell them. Most of the other rebels on the base have already spilled his secret to the newbies.

At least Wedge doesn't treat him like he's royalty. Things are so easy with Wedge. They can talk for hours about flying techniques and what they would do if they could go and fight the Empire personally. Wedge is basically his only friend here besides Leia.

Sure, Luke gets along with everyone. Most prefer him over Leia. He tells her that it's because she's never around, but it's really because she always looks so unfriendly. He's subtly tried to get her to smile more often, but she doesn't listen. She believes that if they don't want to get to know her, that's their problem.

He enters the training room. "Hi, Uncle Ben." Luke greets, his eyes darting around the room. He isn't sure who else is here with them.

"It's alright. We're alone. The rest of the rebels have been ordered to go to their rooms." Obi-Wan says, walking over to Luke. Huh. That's why the halls are so quiet.

"Sent to their rooms?" Luke asks. Maybe he can get Obi-Wan to spill some details for him. This way, at least if Leia comes up emptyhanded, he can share some information. He doesn't want their snooping around to be completely worthless.

"Yes. Your mother has a meeting. She doesn't want anyone to disturb her. It's much easier to just keep everyone in their quarters rather than placing guards outside her room." He answers as he tucks his arms into his robes.

Luke has always wanted robes to rest his arms in. Obi-Wan makes it look so comfortable. It must feel like walking around with a blanket everyday. Once time, Luke had asked his mother if he could have an outfit like Obi-Wan's. She immediately refused, telling him that those outfits are for Jedi. From there on out, every time he or Leia trained with Obi-Wan, she would make comments about how they would make great politicians and warriors.

They aren't supposed to become Jedi.

Luke gives a short bow then grabs his lightsaber from his hip. Obi-Wan had given it to him when he was fairly young, telling him that it was his father's. He explained to him that his father would have wanted him to wield it. From then on, Luke has wanted to know more about him. He didn't even know that his father was a Jedi until he was given the lightsaber. When Luke and Leia were old enough, Obi-Wan allowed them to make their own lightsabers.

Luke prefers to use his father's though in hopes to keep a connection with the man he never met.

Over the years, he and Leia have been able to get stories out about their father from Obi-Wan. He would tell them that their mother must not find out otherwise he would get in big trouble. Of course, they never told her any of them, not even the good ones. Anything they could get about the man interested them.

Their father had been a slave but was freed and brought to the Temple. Obi-Wan raised him and taught him about the Force and how to wield a lightsaber. They went on exciting adventures to planets Luke and Leia had never heard of. Their father had even saved Obi-Wan nine times, though he always insisted it was ten. The business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't count.

He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, a cunning warrior, and Obi-Wan's best friend.

But Luke knows nothing more than that.