Chapter 9

Padmé brushes her hair out of her face as she looks for her communicator. She presses the button, the beeping signaling that her request has been sent. She quickly tidies her room, waiting for them to arrive at her quarters. She is so excited to share her good news.

A knock comes from the door and she calls for them to enter. Luke enters first and closes the door behind him. "Hey, Mom. You called?" He asks as he shoves his hands into his pockets. He was working on one of the ships when his communicator went off. For once, he was thankful that she wanted to see him.

"Yes, I've got some exciting news." She cheers. Overwhelmed with glee, she gives him a quick hug. "We just have to wait for our other party member to join us." She teases as she squeezes his forearms.

He chuckles, happy to see her in such a good mood. She hasn't been this way in a long time. The weight of the rebellion and the news of their father has dragged their spirits down. Seeing her looking so bubbly makes him feel giddy. Whatever she has to tell him must be exciting.

There's a knock at the door and Padmé looks around Luke. "Come in!" She calls. She gives Luke a squeal and goes to the door. "Hi, Obi-Wan." She says as she practically pulls him into the room.

"It's good to see you, Padmé. You look chipper." He smiles as she stands before him and Luke. He was expecting this to be a much more important meeting. It is not often that he is requested to be in her presence. He's not one for politics so he doesn't get involved much with the rebellion. He figured this would be about the twins, but now he has no idea what could make her this happy.

"So Luke told me a while ago that he wanted to get off of this base for a little bit. I was having some trouble finding a spot to send the two of you, but I think I found the perfect place." She begins.

"Oh, Mom, you don't have to anymore. I'm fine with staying here and training with Obi-Wan. Plus, the ships need a lot of maintenance after that last battle." Luke says as he runs his hands through his hair. It's not that he doesn't want to leave, but he doesn't really trust himself. Now doesn't seem like a good time to be leaving the base and going to new planets.

"Oh, nonsense, Luke. There are plenty of people on base who can do that. Besides, you need a break. I think that this trip will be a good thing for both of you. You two can go out there and train on new planets and do whatever guys do. You know, go and blow things up. Dodge bullets." She rambles. She imitates the sound of a lightsaber and pretends to have bullets bounce off it. She then makes an explosion and uses her hands to show the imaginary clouds forming.

"Mom, we don't do that." Luke laughs as a blush comes to his cheeks. His mother can be embarrassing sometimes.

"Come on. It'll be fun." She says, playfully pushing him.

"I think it sounds like a good idea, Padmé." Obi-Wan chuckles. He thinks that Luke needs a break as well. He has been working nonstop and needs some time to be his age. He needs to be reckless and screw around sometimes to blow off steam. Everything doesn't have to be serious all of the time. Though Obi-Wan was never that way, it's one thing that he has learned to allow from his years of teaching.

Skywalkers need time to blow things up.

Luke lets out a sigh. He doesn't want to go, but his mother plasters on a pout. "Please? For me?" She begs.

Luke playfully groans and rolls his eyes. "Fine. Where are we going?" He laughs. Maybe things won't be so bad. He is more skilled with his lightsaber now and Obi-Wan has lightened up on him over the years. There's a chance that they will get into more dangerous situations that will involve explosions and bullet dodging. It could be exciting.